Your favorite freebies

Casidy Silvercloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Show me your favorite freebies, or places to get them. I'm looking specifically for skins because I'm pretty sure the one I have from 2009 is a lot outdated. I have found a few, they don't look very nice. I'm also looking for other freebies like clothes and hair. I don't need shapes. There is one caveat though. I need them to work with the system av.  I gave up on trying to get the free mesh bodies out there to look nice. They made me mad, I threw them in the ocean. 

I know about fabfree, great website. A lot of it doesn't work for system avs but it's a good source. Yes I prefer free. The only exception I will make is really low cost like under $50L. Group gifts count if the group has no join fee, I'm allergic to join fees. I can search myself too, but you're smarter and I work smarter not harder. 

I do have a mesh head, a couple, they're both lelutka and have the evox, whatever it is.  I can use those if I can find a skin that looks good, goes with them or whatever the kids are saying these days. So for the skin I need a body skin that either goes with those heads or just full system. 

A kind and foolish soul took pity on me and helped me kludge one of the free bodies together to look somewhat presentable in public. I can add also good for maitreya body to this list. I don't have that body but mine is compatible with at least some of the clothes with my alpha hud thing. 

Edited by Casidy Silvercloud
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

Show me your favorite freebies, or places to get them. I'm looking specifically for skins because I'm pretty sure the one I have from 2009 is a lot outdated. I have found a few, they don't look very nice. I'm also looking for other freebies like clothes and hair. I don't need shapes. There is one caveat though. I need them to work with the system av.  I gave up on trying to get the free mesh bodies out there to look nice. They made me mad, I threw them in the ocean. 

I know about fabfree, great website. A lot of it doesn't work for system avs but it's a good source. Yes I prefer free. The only exception I will make is really low cost like under $50L. Group gifts count if the group has no join fee, I'm allergic to join fees. I can search myself too, but you're smarter and I work smarter not harder. 

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/11/24/clip-and-save-ryans-all-in-one-guide-to-freebies-in-second-life/

Implode did have a free-to-join group, with gift skins. You will have to go look if they are still there.

• Like 2

I found a new mesh body thanks to these links. I just wanted to thank you both again. I ran into someone else yesterday who was also out freebie hunting, so I passed the info along. 

I no longer look completely unpresentable, just a little unpresentable. Now I just need to go on a clothing hunt. I'll get there, thanks to the links! 

• Like 3

I always suggest getting the free Atenea body from the Midnight Madness board at LucyBody. It works best with the BOM applier for $L250, but it can be used without that.  It's compatible with mesh clothing made for Maitreya, Slink feet, and Maitreya high heel shoes.

If you have a Maitreya compatible body, there are some nice free skins on the Midnight Madness boards at 7 Deadly S[k]ins, but they don't always hit their target. Their group join fee is usually high, but the Fabulously Free and SL Frees and Offers groups will let you know when it's free join. They also have a couple free skins for under 30 days avatars and $L 5 or $L 10  skin packs.

The group gift skins and makeups at Nuve are fabulous, but they usually have a $L 300 join fee. In December, however, they and some of the usually expensive skin stores are free join, so people can get the special Christmas gifts. (The join fee for 7DS goes up in December, because they have a good group only advent board.)

I'm sure you know about the gift heads from Lelutka in December. Akeruka also has $L 1 group gift heads in June and December.

Blueberry, Vision, and Tachinni are worth their low group join fees for their store credit gifts. Addams used to give more store credit, but hasn't done much of that lately.

Hilly Hillaan is free join with a bunch of older group gifts. Scandalize used to have a room full of clothing packs with a free group join, but I don't know if they still have that. I think Izzie's has some boxes of free or $L 1 older system clothes that are good for a BOM compatible body.

No.Match has a room full of group gift hair for a $L 50 group join fee. Fada has some free hair if you join their free subscriber. Nova has some nice free hair (mostly long) with their free group.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

That's the body I got. I saw it on one of the links and went to click the mm board. It took a couple of days but I got it today. Before that I was using a sweets ruth or something. Lucybody's a really nice one. I did get the bom thing for it though so I could wear a skin I like. Now I have an excuse to go hunting for more clothes since I've cleaned a lot of my inventory up and it's barebones. The head I have on is one of the lelutka free ones. I must've I picked it up when I was going to return a while ago. It had an update when I tried to wear it.

I saw on the page there that scandalize has a whole platform of 200 or something outfits. That's my next adventure. I bet there'll be a lot compatible. I do appreciate all the great ideas. There's a lot you can forget and changes in a 7 year break. 

• Like 2

Hello Casidy,

Clothing,

Coco Lemon: free group join, and has tons of group gifts, (very excellent quality).

Second Life Maps | COCO DESIGNS

Hilly Haalan:

Second Life Maps | Hillywood

here is a website to check

FabFree - Fabulously Free in SL | Simply Fabulous Free and Under L$75 Finds in Second Life – Since 2007 (wordpress.com)

Have fun shopping,

Josephine

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who makes it a mission to make kick ass looking avi free...  I can tell you its not an easy mission without a great deal of time, effort and research.  Not something I highly recommend to others.  That said I would make it a point to watch SL utube videos.  There is a huge amount of people talking about where to get free stuff.  With my channel if and when I talk about free stuff I focus more on where to get 'exceptional' free stuff.  There is a lot of crap out there.  Anyway...  I would recommend 'seven deadly skins'.  In the back of store there is a wall of free skins that have been all updated to evo x.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.