Lelutka Evox Eyelashes don't work? (for me?)

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, so I've been using Lelutka Evox heads for the last month and luckily I took the time not to freak out and complain about everything until I felt that I understood the product and how everything works.  But after figuring most of it out, several things still elude me, (even after weeks of using the product and tweaking things every day).  

One of those things is the eyelashes.  Possibly I'm just stupidly not seeing something, but I just don't understand why they are so big, why nothing can be done to control the size of them, and why there are no "natural" options. 

The HUD has twelve different selections, but they are all basically the same.  Very black, very long, very heavily mascara-ed eyelashes.  Why twelve near-identical eyelashes?  Also, they are a bit over-the-top.  I would likely never wear eyelashes like these in RL.  Even if I were dressing up to go out to a fancy event.   

Another issue is the length.  In the picture I purposely selected the top and bottom lashes separately and used the shortest option in each case.  The bottom isn't too bad but the top (remember this is the *shortest* option), is still at least a centimetre long.  Some of the others are two centimetres at least.    

Maybe my HUD is broken?  For instance there is a "LASH LENGTH" widget at the bottom (you can see I have selected the shortest), and it does ... NOTHING.  It has, as far as I can see no effect at all on the lashes.  There is also a "BLEND/MASK" widget with a slider, that also does ... NOTHING.  Neither has any effect on the lash length, or opacity, or anything.  Why?

Finally, as a blonde, what I would actually like is simple NATURAL lashes, and then options for more makeup-y looks for when I want to dress up but After searching MP for days, I found ... NOTHING.  

There are a few (2 or 3?) "natural lash" products for Evox, but they are all aimed at Asian faces.  Obviously none of those would work for me.  

I just find it hard to swallow that the most popular head in SL has no built in natural lash options and furthermore that no one seems to have created any.  

What am I not seeing here?  

Snapshot_002.png

Edited by Sylvia Wasp
punctuation

I get different lashes with each selection..

If you are getting the same lashes with each click on a different lash, you may want to pull another head and hud out of the  box the product came in.. It's not uncommon for things to break on huds..

I would  take the highlight off the size options at the bottom to where it was grayed out.. That seems to stretch them upward more and makes them look longer..

Also  I would use the Both selection..

Also if you click that tear drop icon,  it will bring out the layer controls where you can change the tone of the lashes and other things on the head..

Mask is to help out with some things where you get an alpha glitch.. if you zoom in on the lashes and click mask and your eyelashes don't look  like they are clumpy looking and pretty much crappy looking, then ya somethings up with the hud.. Probably time to pull a new hud and head  out of the box..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

Maybe my HUD is broken?  For instance there is a "LASH LENGTH" widget at the bottom (you can see I have selected the shortest), and it does ... NOTHING.

They are the smallest/least curvy when nothing is highlighted there at all, clicking anything there only makes them more curved up and slightly longer.

I just find it hard to swallow that the most popular head in SL has no built in natural lash options and furthermore that no one seems to have created any.  

You've been around SL for a while, so you really shouldn't be surprised by that. Often most simple things are the most difficult to find. Took me forever to find some classic pumps for Legacy a few years ago for example. Ones that would be well made (texture and mesh itself), and without any gems, ruffles, bows, weird looking heels and so on. The most basic and simple shoes design ever, right? But nope, it was a whole quest to find a few through hundreds of weird and exaggerated ones.

Plus basic demand and supply apply as always. Most female avatars I see that are not using either of built-in eyelashes are going for even bigger/longer eyelashes. You can try to demo guy lashes by Avi Glam, they are probably too short, but perhaps that's where lash length options would be some use.

Edited by steeljane42

People have already explained how the length and mask options work on the HUD, so I won't go over those. The effects are subtle I'm not surprised you didn't notice the difference. You can tint your lashes to another color from black using the lelutka HUD. Touch the circle that says HD and then touch the water droplet to expand the menu that allows you to tint parts of your head. Click on the text that says "Lashes" in the tint area. Then click on the color picker at the bottom and select the color and how dark you want it. The built in lashes are tintable but some you buy won't be. 

Mens lashes are a good option for shorter lengths like https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DAY-Male-Eyelash-Gift-Lelutka/24013681

But there are many shorter or sparser ladies options out there too. Maybe some of these could work for you:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kufuku-Lashes01-EVO-X-Tintable/23081740

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Rarer-Manga-Lashes-FATPACK/23869166

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Solros-Gloria-Lashes/22135481

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MondLovely-LashesFor-Lel-evoX/24788101

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Edies-Pristine-Lashes-for-EvoX-DEMO-unpack/22810810

I don't own any of these myself btw the shops I use most don't seem to have MP listings. Good luck :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

They are the smallest/least curvy when nothing is highlighted there at all, clicking anything there only makes them more curved up and slightly longer.

Well, unless my HUD is broken that seems to be not true.  My problem is (and I have tested this many times), NOTHING happens to the lash length when ANY of those options are clicked.  NOTHING at all.  I de-selected the options completely and no change was apparent either in length or curl.  I tried each and every step in between and NOTHING happened.  

Also, one of the options gives you super long, super thick top lashes and they appear exactly the same even with all the length options unselected.  

22 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Also if you click that tear drop icon,  it will bring out the layer controls where you can change the tone of the lashes and other things on the head.

That pop-out drawer from the teardrop icon is another thing that seems to not work at all on my HUD.  I'm starting to wonder if the HUD is just broken, but it seems unlikely considering it's literally the most popular head they sell and I only just bought it.  I can click all over that thing all day long and nothing happens.  

Occasionally, when I purchase a third party makeup product and use it, the teardrop icons change to white for that product (presumably meaning "active"), but I have no control over them.  I can neither stop the white teardrop nor make it appear for a particular area of the head.  I gave up on the idea of it being anything but an indicator, because that's all it seems to do.  

20 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

You've been around SL for a while, so you really shouldn't be surprised by that. Often most simple things are the most difficult to find. Took me forever to find some classic pumps for Legacy a few years ago for example. Ones that would be well made (texture and mesh itself), and without any gems, ruffles, bows, weird looking heels and so on. The most basic and simple shoes design ever, right? But nope, it was a whole quest to find a few through hundreds of weird and exaggerated ones.

I understand.  I know that SL is primarily about drag, and that most of the "girls" are more like symbolic representations of women rather than realistic ones.  I understand that realism in avatars is something that the majority doesn't seem to want (male or female).  I also am aware that even the biological cis-gender women who come here generally want to look like fashion models rather than reality.    

But is the population of SL really that small now that simply wanting to look like a realistic version of my RL self is ...weird?   Isn't *anyone* interested in looking real anymore?  

This is just sad.  

40 minutes ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

That pop-out drawer from the teardrop icon is another thing that seems to not work at all on my HUD.  I'm starting to wonder if the HUD is just broken, but it seems unlikely considering it's literally the most popular head they sell and I only just bought it.  I can click all over that thing all day long and nothing happens.  

Occasionally, when I purchase a third party makeup product and use it, the teardrop icons change to white for that product (presumably meaning "active"), but I have no control over them.  I can neither stop the white teardrop nor make it appear for a particular area of the head.  I gave up on the idea of it being anything but an indicator, because that's all it seems to do.  

If your hud is not doing anything with some options on it. I would try moving it to  another area on my screen to see if there may be something transparent blocking features from working..

Sometimes other huds transparencies can block part of a hud.

If that doesn't fix it, then I would get a new copy of the hud and head out of the box it came in..

Just to add, make sure you have the feature you want to tint highlighted  or it won't do anything.. If it's lashes, make sure lashes are highlighted..

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

That pop-out drawer from the teardrop icon is another thing that seems to not work at all on my HUD. 

Something confusing about the way that works, you have to click the HD circle first which will pop out lips and then the drop below it second which adds the color tinting pop out. Even though the drop is visible at all times it's inactive from the first page of the HUD. I often go straight for the drop from other areas of the HUD and then instantly remember I need to press HD. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 3:53 AM, Ze Helix said:

Something confusing about the way that works, you have to click the HD circle first which will pop out lips and then the drop below it second which adds the color tinting pop out. Even though the drop is visible at all times it's inactive from the first page of the HUD. I often go straight for the drop from other areas of the HUD and then instantly remember I need to press HD. 

I would say the whole Lelutka HUD is confusing, lol.  But I have managed to figure out most of it.  

I always did the same thing as you in that I tried to work the actual "final tray" that pops out since that seems where the action is.  The obvious inference from the way it looks is that you would select the item or items on the list of "areas" and then click either the gloss and shine buttons directly or perhaps click the top of the list to toggle them on/off etc.  I can't see any other way to work it and it seems clear and simple ... it just doesn't actually work! 

I'm not sure how or why but my HUD just seems completely broken so I guess I will have to update the thing but I'm dubious about whether that will fix it.  I mean, I've only had it a month or so and like I said, probably the most popular head in SL by the most popular head maker of the moment.  

It doesn't make sense to me that it would be this broken and that no one else would have complained about it.  Also, you'd think Lelutka would at least send a notification to the support group that there was a problem or that a new "fixed" head/HUD is available.  It's just a bizarre situation all round.  

I did manage to find an even better solution from the famous and invaluable Izzie Button!

guylashes2.jpg?1639384618&_gl=1*1y2pkwu*

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-Guylashes-Set-LeLutka-Bento-Evo-X/16914016

Anyone out there suffering from the same kind of problem as me should pick this item up right away.  As usual, superior quality item, reasonably priced.  

Edited by Sylvia Wasp

On 6/30/2023 at 3:53 AM, Ze Helix said:

Sorry to double-post on your remarks here, but I just downloaded a new HUD/head and even though it didn't actually fix anything, (in fact it wiped out my eyes, forcing me to reinstall them for some reason), it did show me some "initial" behaviour that I had forgotten that perhaps solves the mystery.  

I included a screen shot of the relevant part of the HUD and it seems to work exactly the way you'd expect, except ... it only works for turning OFF shine/glow/fullbright.  

When I first loaded it, almost ALL of the selections had the white droplet to indicate shine.  You can then turn them off by selecting them and clicking at the top just as expected, but ... once turned off, they don't turn on again.  AT ALL.  EVER.  

This tallies with my experience that the droplets would sometimes turn on if I purchased some HD makeup product and installed it.  

Apologies for the caps but this is just bizarre and needs to be emphasised.  

THE ONLY USE THIS SECTION HAS IS TO TURN OFF THE (PRESUMABLY) EXCESSIVE USE OF SHINE, GLOW, ETC. BY THIRD PARTY MAKERS.  

It seems that Lelutka is saying here that if you buy some makeup with an over-the-top glow or whatever, here is where you turn it off.  Period.  

THIS IS NOT ACTUALLY THE SHINE/GLOW CONTROL IT APPEARS TO BE.  IT'S JUST A KLUDGE TO FIX BAD MAKEUP.  

Needless to say this is terrible design, especially since you can turn the shine off for various skin areas but there is no way to turn it back on again.  You have to either reset the head, or actually PURCHASE A THIRD PARTY PRODUCT just to turn the shine back on.  Ridiculous!  

PS - The original eyelash controls I was asking about are also the same in the newly downloaded product.  They (still) just don't work!  

Sylvia

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 8.47.56 AM.png

Edited by Sylvia Wasp

Sorry to double-post on your remarks here, but I just downloaded a new HUD/head and even though it didn't actually fix anything, (in fact it wiped out my eyes, forcing me to reinstall them for some reason), it did show me some "initial" behaviour that I had forgotten that perhaps solves the mystery.  

I included a screen shot of the relevant part of the HUD and it seems to work exactly the way you'd expect, except ... it only works for turning OFF shine/glow/fullbright.  

When I first loaded it, almost ALL of the selections had the white droplet to indicate shine.  You can then turn them off by selecting them and clicking at the top just as expected, but ... once turned off, they don't turn on again.  AT ALL.  EVER.  

This tallies with my experience that the droplets would sometimes turn on if I purchased some HD makeup product and installed it.  

Apologies for the caps but this is just bizarre and needs to be emphasised.  

THE ONLY USE THIS SECTION HAS IS TO TURN OFF THE (PRESUMABLY) EXCESSIVE USE OF SHINE, GLOW, ETC. BY THIRD PARTY MAKERS.  

It seems that Lelutka is saying here that if you buy some makeup with an over-the-top glow or whatever, here is where you turn it off.  Period.  

THIS IS NOT ACTUALLY THE SHINE/GLOW CONTROL IT APPEARS TO BE.  IT'S JUST A KLUDGE TO FIX BAD MAKEUP.  

Needless to say this is terrible design, especially since you can turn the shine off for various skin areas but there is no way to turn it back on again.  You have to either reset the head, or actually PURCHASE A THIRD PARTY PRODUCT just to turn the shine back on.  Ridiculous!  

PS - The original eyelash controls I was asking about are also the same in the newly downloaded product.  They (still) just don't work!  

Sylvia

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 8.47.56 AM.png

If you haven't tried the site yet.. You can get a PDF  of the manual..

Just go here----> https://lelutkasl.com/feature-list/#

Then at the top right corner is the download button.. just scroll over that and  it will pop up three links.. Choose the PDF manual..

There is more than just the manual for the hud, so you'll have to scroll down some for the hud stuff.. But it has lots of information with  images and so on..

It's a pretty good manual. :)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.