Slink feet sizing

XDaniDanielX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i decide to reduce my original height  and i want to reduce my feet size because they look bigger compared to the rest of the body but i noted that they cant be edited and i dont find any option in the given huds so how can i reduce my slink flat feet size?

If the feet don't change size when you change the size of the foot while editing your shape, then they aren't going to change. Since the creator of Slink has now quit SL there's no chance of there being a foot that responds to the foot slider. 

Female mesh body wise I do know the free Lucybody has Slink compatible feet that can be resized but you need a foot size of 25 for shoes to look right. Maitreya is the same however if you buy shoes rigged to the V5.3 body, I know Remezzo does 5.3 rigs the shoe and the foot will respond to the size slider

• Like 1

I actually like Lucybody... I use one for my alt avatar.  Also, the creator is super helpful!  I mean responds within 12 hours!! And I had a dork moment on the feet issue and she was so patient and calm with me. Plus, I can wear most any lara fitted outfit.. I did buy up and get the enhanced HUD.

• Like 1

Slink feet were one of the early mesh feet add-ons, if not the first. Prior to that system-feet were being replaced by combination foot and shoe sculpties. They set the standard for foot size and most shoemakers were making shoes for Slink feet. At that point in time it was common to set foot size in appearance to zero. So for compatibility reasons, the Slink size foot became a standard. It is still common for designers to plan for a zero-foot-size.

In human form proportions, the foot has a larger range of size than other parts of the body. Some cultures physically force foot size during childhood creating an even greater range. Also, since most women wear heels (in SL max spike and extreme platform) and guys wear boots the actual foot size is pretty well hidden. The result is most of us are not concerned with foot size but whether or not the shoes fit our feet... or vise-versa and the shoes look the right size on us.

One of the results is little attention is paid to foot size these days. So you are a minority and will likely have to dig to find solutions. You can help others by posting what you find.

Foot size has always been an issue for me. I'm a stickler for correct human proportions. In the past, unfortunately, there wasn't much I could do about foot size because of the way creators addressed the problem of making shoes fit everyone. So the zero foot size evolved. Fortunately, with the newer bodies we can actually select our correct shoe size and shoes magically adjust with the slider when we either make our feet smaller or larger. Mind you this feature has not been in affect for all that long.

So, for instance, the Maitreya body's feet were made to adjust to sliders in a recent update. It was at that time that we learned the original Maitreya feet were modeled at a slider 25 size. So if you have shoes made prior to the update then you have to set your feet to slider 25 or your feet will either be too large or too small to fit in your shoes. But since that update many, or most, creators are now rigging their shoes for Maitreya to react to the body sliders, so you can decide if you want small feet or large feet. The feet of the Legacy body have always adjusted to the sliders. I'm not sure about other bodies however. As I only have experience with those two bodies. 

I have an alt that is very short, so she needs to have her feet set to zero size. I'm always careful to demo shoes to be sure they adjust to foot size. She wears a Maitreya body. I've had very little trouble finding shoes for her. You just have to be aware and demo. She has a really nice selection of shoes that all adjust down to an actual zero size rather than the Maitreya default size of 25.

• Like 1

I experienced this with the male Slink and the feet doesn't respond to the number slider. Even dialing the foot size to zero does nothing. Their CSR had said the creator made it that way on purpose.  One of my avatars is on the short side and the feet look oversized in proportion to the rest of their body. The feet would look alright if the avatar is 7-8 feet tall. For real? This was why I moved on to Signature and Belleza.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.