Trying to find space to hold an event twice a month

Bench1290

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy all 👋

I'm trying to find someone that has 1/2 parcel or bigger that would let me use/rent some space to hold a music event between 1-3 times a month. I'm part of a new music group and our events are somewhat traditional in the sense that we have a few DJs and a few hours of quality music for the guests but other than that we are operating very differently from a typical club, we're just a group, full information on this privately if you need. Sadly nobody in our group knows anybody with a 1/2 parcel or bigger so we're asking around here 😍

To cliarfy our needs:

- 3 events per month maximum
- We're not a fixed venue, we will set up the venue (they change every single time) before the event and clean it up again right after. Nothing will be left behind, no traces 🕵️‍♀️
- Radio station change and rez rights
- On average we expect 20-40 guests throughout each event
- We will need 750 prims max, again this is just for the event itself as we'll tidy up afterward.

We're happy to pay per use or set up an on-going payment thing but if there is anyone with a cool sim with lots of space that is happy to negotiate, please get in touch.

Thank you 🥰

1 hour ago, Bench1290 said:

1/2 parcel or bigger
- On average we expect 20-40 guests throughout each event
- We will need 750 prims max, again this is just for the event itself as we'll tidy up afterward.

not sure what you mean with a half parcel .. the smallest is 16 sqm the largest 65536 sqm
Li wise you need around a bit larger as 2048
visitor wise you need a half private region or a full mainland region (or other people on the region will get to much lag and access problems).

I'd suggest you reach out to clubowners who have schedules with room for events from others.

• Like 1

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

not sure what you mean with a half parcel .. the smallest is 16 sqm the largest 65536 sqm
visitor wise you need a half private region or a full mainland region (or other people on the region will get to much lag and access problems).

I'd suggest you reach out to clubowners who have schedules with room for events from others.

I saw that too, and assume they meant "1/2 Region" (32767sqm). @Bench1290?

I also assumed half region but then got confused about the prim requirement.

If you only need 750 why a 1/2 sim? Half sims can manage 2500/10000/15000 prims (homestead/regular/30K). Then again, homesteads aren't really meant for events.

The OP could get by on a 8192 mainland parcel, no? (2812 prims).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I saw that too, and assume they meant "1/2 Region" (32767sqm). @Bench1290?

4 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

If you only need 750 why a 1/2 sim? Half sims can manage 2500/10000/15000 prims (homestead/regular/30K). Then again, homesteads aren't really meant for events.

Hey thanks for the responses, i'm not clued up with the land sizes and all that so this is all helpful. My assumptions are probably wrong then and I think I am confused with half sim, half parcel, half region 😄

So we need to use land space that has a 50 avatar capacity or higher, not sure if this is how it works and i'm basing this off the land that I rent which is 1/4 and 25 people limit, i was told a 1/2 is 50 avatar limit and full sim is 100, maybe this is not a universal thing? Again not totally sure. The land size does not matter, we litterally only need a 25x25m platform or something, no more, the prims are just for the building/decor/equipment we will use. 

We could directly rent a 1/2 (for 50 avatar capacity) but honestly it's just a waste of money since we will be there for around 6 hours a month 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bench1290 said:

So we need to use land space that has a 50 avatar capacity or higher, not sure if this is how it works and i'm basing this off the land that I rent which is 1/4 and 25 people limit, i was told a 1/2 is 50 avatar limit and full sim is 100, maybe this is not a universal thing? Again not totally sure. The land size does not matter, we litterally only need a 25x25m platform or something, no more, the prims are just for the building/decor/equipment we will use. 

Thanks! I think we were thrown off because you used the word "parcel" which could be any size.  

"Region" or "sim" (a colloquial term) clears it up!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks! I think we were thrown off because you used the word "parcel" which could be any size.  

"Region" or "sim" (a colloquial term) clears it up!

Ahhh gotcha, now I know 🤓 I shall edit it, thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

the mainland can only handle 44 visitors. A whole sim would be reccomended, i'd not live there for a million with events of 40.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bench1290 said:

i was told a 1/2 is 50 avatar limit and full sim is 100, maybe this is not a universal thing? 

Mainland regions are usually capped at 40 (or 44 with the Premium subscriber crowbar into full regions thing), NOT 50.

As for 100 on an Estate region, theoretically, you can allow 100 on a private region but, in practice, SANE people won't set the value higher than 40-50, because it lags like wading in a swimming pool filled neck deep with molasses in winter time. so whoever told you that stuff about 50 on a half sim 100 on a full, was basically an idiot, and you should double check anything else they told you.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the mainland can only handle 44 visitors. A whole sim would be reccomended, i'd not live there for a million with events of 40.

I swear I posted a response, not sure where it went! 

I found the article on "Event Region Pro" and "Event Region Elite", which support up to 175 avatars.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Mainland regions are usually capped at 40 (or 44 with the Premium subscriber crowbar into full regions thing), NOT 50.

As for 100 on an Estate region, theoretically, you can allow 100 on a private region but, in practice, SANE people won't set the value higher than 40-50, because it lags like wading in a swimming pool filled neck deep with molasses in winter time. so whoever told you that stuff about 50 on a half sim 100 on a full, was basically an idiot, and you should double check anything else they told you.

Swimming pool filled neck deep with molasses in winter time? Ouch 😅

Interestingly it was one of the Chung estate owners (think there are several of them that each look after some land?). We were renting a 1/4 region and our capcity we were allowed was 25 people, we were told 50 if we upgraded to 1/2 region and 100 if we had a full region. I may have missunderstood at the time anyway. There was nothing around the entire island even on furthest draw distance so maybe the lag wouldn't be so bad, no idea really I'll take your word for it 👍

15 minutes ago, Bench1290 said:

We were renting a 1/4 region and our capcity we were allowed was 25 people, we were told 50 if we upgraded to 1/2 region and 100 if we had a full region. I may have missunderstood at the time anyway. There was nothing around the entire island even on furthest draw distance so maybe the lag wouldn't be so bad, no idea really I'll take your word for it 👍

That's called "marketing sales pitch", it's like the guy who swears blind that the used car he's pushing at you is guaranteed for 5 yrs, and can easily do 150 mph...

Then you buy it, and it won't do over 110 except down hill with a tailwind, and 8 months later the engine block falls out, and the parts and labour guarantee turns out to specifically exclude AWOL engine blocks...

58 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I found the article on "Event Region Pro" and "Event Region Elite", which support up to 175 avatars.

A certain well known SL store rented some of those for their xmas giveaway, they tended to crash and burn as soon as the avatar count went over 110.

Also worth noting that a Shop & Hop was built with those, and every one was set to a max of 65 avatars.

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That's called "marketing sales pitch", it's like the guy who swears blind that the used car he's pushing at you is guaranteed for 5 yrs, and can easily do 150 mph...

Then you buy it, and it won't do over 110 except down hill with a tailwind, and 8 months later the engine block falls out, and the parts and labour guarantee turns out to specifically exclude AWOL engine blocks...

Ok and just so i understand even further, this region by Chung, what should it need to be so that it isn't ever laggy with max avatars, is that a private region or what type of sim? Is it the mainland that is laggy?

Edited by Bench1290

• 3 weeks later...

I know you said you found land - But I thought I might take a moment and introduce you to Harbor Village.. We offer event space rentals RIGHT on the ocean, Or if you need a more intimate environment, we have a small hotel - and mall / event space that can be used for meetings and parties.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.