Removed under our Intellectual Property Policy

FOGGYclothes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello ,

I have had some shoes for sale in my store removed with the words: Removed under our Intellectual Property Policy. The item has no trademarks or logos, the logo is mine. I was very careful in this but the name of the item is called "Cortez" (referring to the famous nike cortez). Do you think the problem is the name or the similarity with the product that generates the problem?

20220420_192527.jpg

Edited by FOGGYclothes

you better have this talk with LL, verbal help and opinions won't change the infrigment, nor undo it.
Just be sure the objects you make are totally yours or under proven contractual rules, otherwise everybody who has likewise things for sale can complain about it.

3 hours ago, FOGGYclothes said:

item is called "Cortez" (referring to the famous nike cortez). Do you think the problem is the name or the similarity with the product that generates the problem?

20220420_192527.jpg

probably the name Cortez.  Your shoe is not similar to the design of the Nike Cortez tho. However Cortez is a Nike brand so yeah. Best to contact Linden Support to clarify

this said, is best tho to not reference any RL product in the name, description or tags of your marketplace listing. Is possible to build your own shoe brand in SL and be successful with it 

• Like 2

You have two possible sources for the ip violation that come to mind one Nike Cortez is a distinctive model and name of trainer. two there is a store in SL called Cortez and I notice they've been offering the same few things across a few weekend sales for a good year or two with nothing new to offer 

• 3 weeks later...

I mean Cortez in relation to sneakers is trademarked by Nike. You can't make a sneaker, name it Cortez, and not expect to have it nuked by Nike. Don't make sneakers that look like and/or reference real sneaker brands or use branding that looks similar. Personally, I would have gone in a more satirical direction, called them 'Escobar', and advertised them as being made from 90% processed cocoa leaf. 

On 6/11/2023 at 10:16 AM, elleevelyn said:

probably the name Cortez.  Your shoe is not similar to the design of the Nike Cortez tho. However Cortez is a Nike brand so yeah. Best to contact Linden Support to clarify

this said, is best tho to not reference any RL product in the name, description or tags of your marketplace listing. Is possible to build your own shoe brand in SL and be successful with it 

Aside from the distinctive swoop, that sneaker is identical to the Nike Cortez... Nots sure what you are looking at... 

On 6/11/2023 at 6:41 AM, FOGGYclothes said:

Hello ,

I have had some shoes for sale in my store removed with the words: Removed under our Intellectual Property Policy. The item has no trademarks or logos, the logo is mine. I was very careful in this but the name of the item is called "Cortez" (referring to the famous nike cortez). Do you think the problem is the name or the similarity with the product that generates the problem?

20220420_192527.jpg

819719-101-PHCFH001-2000_1200x.jpg?v=1585684399

Same sole, same jagged panel around the tongue, same lacing, the only difference is the swoop and the texture.. I wonder why it got nuked...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.