Noob appearance questions...

VixFoxetta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1.  How do I change my elf ears back to normal ears?  I am wearing a Lelutka 3.0 head.

2.  When I save an outfit in my appearance, will it save the color settings for my clothing and the settings I have for my body and head?  Like when I  adjust my alpha for my body (Reborn) or I change the HD makeup settings and such through my head hud.  

3.  If I want to start buying and wearing makeup, what do I need to look for, and what are the steps to me wearing that makeup instead of the makeup I have on my head?

Makeup appliers for Lelutka Evo or EvoX both work on the Lelutka EvoX head. BOM makeup or head tattoos  for EvoX work on the EvoX setting for the head. BOM Evolution, Genus, or Older system layer makeup can work on the Evo setting. I'm assuming you're using the EvoX setting though, so you'll probably want to use EvoX makeup and hairbases as well.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, VixFoxetta said:

2.  When I save an outfit in my appearance, will it save the color settings for my clothing and the settings I have for my body and head?  Like when I  adjust my alpha for my body (Reborn) or I change the HD makeup settings and such through my head hud. 

No, when you save an outfit it makes a link to that item. If you later change that item, those changes will show up when you wear the old outfit. So if you use your HUD to wear new lipstick or to change the color of a dress, or change your feet from high to flat, it won't revert those changes when you put on an old outfit. This is one reason I like BoM makeup more than HUD makeup, one less thing to worry about when switching outfits.

There are a few things you can do to help with this. When I save an outfit I make sure all the HUDs I might need are there, often its a big mess blocking my view. All the clothing and shoe color huds, nails and makeup, body, hair, lashes. I can't see my screen but I don't walk around like that. It's just handy so when something gets changed later, the hud I need to fix it is right there. Another thing I do once in awhile is just unpack a whole new head and body, those stay with the outfit and don't get changed around. I do this for some elaborate outfits I don't want to fiddle with every time I wear them. Last, most heads and bodies have some sort of save HUD or save stick that lets you save a makeup look or alpha settings. I haven't ever used those, I don't use one particular look so often that it makes sense to try to save it in that way.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Detach the ears as they're an add on.  Then, go into the HUD and on the Head tab, near the bottom is where you can show or hide ears.

All I did was click on the "Hide" option in the face HUD.  Are they still on?  I suppose I need to unhide them and remove them?

6 hours ago, Ze Helix said:

No, when you save an outfit it makes a link to that item. If you later change that item, those changes will show up when you wear the old outfit. So if you use your HUD to wear new lipstick or to change the color of a dress, or change your feet from high to flat, it won't revert those changes when you put on an old outfit. This is one reason I like BoM makeup more than HUD makeup, one less thing to worry about when switching outfits.

There are a few things you can do to help with this. When I save an outfit I make sure all the HUDs I might need are there, often its a big mess blocking my view. All the clothing and shoe color huds, nails and makeup, body, hair, lashes. I can't see my screen but I don't walk around like that. It's just handy so when something gets changed later, the hud I need to fix it is right there. Another thing I do once in awhile is just unpack a whole new head and body, those stay with the outfit and don't get changed around. I do this for some elaborate outfits I don't want to fiddle with every time I wear them. Last, most heads and bodies have some sort of save HUD or save stick that lets you save a makeup look or alpha settings. I haven't ever used those, I don't use one particular look so often that it makes sense to try to save it in that way.

Ohhhhh that makes sense now!  I think I'll need to invest in some makeup.  It will be much easier than messing with my HUD all the time between outfits.  Thanks for the tips.  They all make sense and are super helpful.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VixFoxetta said:

All I did was click on the "Hide" option in the face HUD.  Are they still on?  I suppose I need to unhide them and remove them?

The Elf ears are the add on.  If you put them on without hiding the normal ears, you were wearing 2 sets of ears.  When wearing the elf ears, hide the normal ears using the hud.

In this picture, you will see the Elf ears as a separate item to add.

Also, in the picture, you'll see something called the STYLE  lel EvoX.  On this, you can save APPLIER makeup singly or as an entire look.  BOM makeup, and why I love it, saves in an outfit as it's an asset in your inventory.

I keep the STYLE HUD as well as the regular Lelutka HUD in my Favorite Wearables folder. 

11541bea534c46a515be24fdbbfc0a2c.png.ce60a245376e3f710d49757e0df3f6d7.png

da3333880458a9de57cabf2d9c6b828b.thumb.png.35a78c391afe04b8fbc239733ae19cc7.png

Ze and I handle changing colors similarly.

Using a head as an example... I create a nude me as a base starting point for all my outfits. I actually have a few nude outfits, !!Nude Slink Orignal, !!Nude Slink HG, etc. I put the outfit together and add makeup to the head. Makeup can be added using system layers (tats) or via the head's HUD, essentially applier tech. As long as I am using system layers the Outfit save can control it. When I start using the head's HUD and applier tech then the Outfits can't understand what is happening. It cannot tell that I made changes to the "Head ITem". So, in that case, I save the finished head look as a copy of the head. I put it in a folder named something that means something to me, i.e., red makeup.

At this point, I have two identical heads. The one that is part of the nude outfit and the just saved head. I take off the first and wear the second. THEN... I save the outfit.

You need to do something similar with any item you can change the color of. So for tops, dresses, pants, whatever that I buy as Fat Packs I use an original. I wear it, use the HUD to change it then save it as a copy to its own folder once I have the Outfit looking as I want. So I may have a red copy, a blue copy, etc. When I wear the outfit it puts the right color item on.

It is harder to describe than to do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.