Abandoned Land Queue

Lochlyn Dragonash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the past when I've put in a request to buy an abandoned parcel it would take 2-3 days for one of the land Lindens to get around to it.

I have a current request that is now over 5 days old.  I checked in with Live Chat after 3 days and was told they have no say in these requests, as they are solely handled by the "land people".

While I could rant about customer service not including these land tickets, and how this should be an automated process to request land, or just outright set abandoned for sale -- could you imagine how yellow the mainland map would be?  But it would be convenient.

Anyway, I will just ask if anyone knows the current time to resolve?  Is it a week? 10 days?

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Lochlyn Dragonash said:

Anyway, I will just ask if anyone knows the current time to resolve?  Is it a week? 10 days?

My experience is that the time to process abandoned land is a function of how long the land has been abandoned and if other would-be-owners are involved. When land is abandoned, there is a "settlement period" to make sure the land was intentionally abandoned. Also if multiple residents want the land, support may take some time to sort it. If the land has been abandoned for a long time, you might get it in a day or two, but if was recently abandoned, it might be a week.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

We find -- anecdotally -- that it is taking longer, and even with requests being rejected, and land is going on the auction because the Lindens see they can make a buck instead of us, and who can blame them.

Does this mean the Lindens are finally overcoming the huge abandoned land glut? No. I keep seeing even very prime land being abandoned, and even waterfront being obtained by others for $1/m. 

Still, something is going on, probably some sort of new directive.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.