Why isn't Linden Lab Helping?

Saddest Waifu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I tried to log onto my account today and it is pending for closure. 

I didn't not ask for my account to be closed or deleted. I had to fill out an appeal and it all because LL is not listening to me. 

Someone has been logging into my account without my permission. I have evidence of it logging into a different IP address than mines.  I have proof of my name being changed, of it trying to link my account to already banned accounts, photos of threats, photos of my personally information being leaked out among of group of their friends, past tickets of reporting accounts that have been harassing me, reports saying and clarifying that I am not closing my alt account and yet my account is being closed. Every time I have reported this person with a banned account, the account would be instantly deleted. 

So, I need to know why Linden Lab is choosing not to listen to me and how do I stop my account from being closed? 

3 answers to this question

While investigating reports of compromised accounts, SL will suspend that account.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000135214-what-to-do-if-your-account-has-been-compromised

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take.

• Like 2

Rowan and Coffee are both right, but there is another and very bitter pill to swallow.

According to the Terms of Service we all agreed to, each person is responsible for their account. Linden Lab is often lenient when they see that something has happened that is not your fault, but they can also choose not to be lenient. If someone using your account committed ToS violations, YOU are the one responsible...and LL may decide it's easier to just ban you permanently rather than try to unravel the whole mess.

So, submit your fraud report case, with as much detail as you can, and then cross your fingers and wait.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.