Skin for free classic legacy body & Genus head?

Ricky Shaftoe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Ayashe Ninetails @Rowan Amore Thanks for your replies. @Ayashe Ninetails hit on the problem: my foot wasn't "pointy" enough, lol. Being a guy, I didn't realize that women's bodies come with five different feet orientation. Or at least, this free Legacy Classic HUD does. Once I changed my foot to the pointiest, steepest, most high-heels friendly choice, presto, all the shoes for TMP fit!

One of my friends says my problem is like the "is your PC plugged in?" question, lol. The most basic question to ask a newb.

Anyway, problem solved! I even found some clothing that looks nice! Now to upgrade my freebie hair...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ricky Shaftoe said:

For now, I'm wearing this skin. It includes face and body? I'm always confused about whether I need more than one "skin", like a face tatoo.

I believe this particular skin has both face and body just like a traditional system skin. Very few stores has BoM skins in one piece like this.

Other stores sell skins that require two parts to complete. They may be a combination of system skin for body + tattoo layer for head or vice versa. Or they may be a combination of 2 tattoo layers, one for body + one for head. The head skins and body skins are sold separately.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ricky Shaftoe said:

@Ayashe Ninetails @Rowan Amore Thanks for your replies. @Ayashe Ninetails hit on the problem: my foot wasn't "pointy" enough, lol. Being a guy, I didn't realize that women's bodies come with five different feet orientation. Or at least, this free Legacy Classic HUD does. Once I changed my foot to the pointiest, steepest, most high-heels friendly choice, presto, all the shoes for TMP fit!

One of my friends says my problem is like the "is your PC plugged in?" question, lol. The most basic question to ask a newb.

Anyway, problem solved! I even found some clothing that looks nice! Now to upgrade my freebie hair...

Truth has a Happy Weekend sale ... 60 Linden for a color range, 300 linden for the essential pack. Or you can go to Sintikila and Phoenix which are also having a Happy Weekend sale. I think that Navy+Copper has 2 new hair sets at 50 linden/color range still up (their fifty linden friday of last week, checked)

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Ricky Shaftoe said:

Glad you got it all fixed up! And just FYI - mens bodies now have foot states, too! Some (Jake) don't have it natively but as an add-on. But others (Legacy Male, Davis, CZ Slim, Anatomy) have them built-in.

But anyhoo, also shop the weekend sales for shoes and demo them in size Legacy. You should be able to find some that fit. Have fun shopping!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Have fun shopping!

I can see why women enjoy shopping so much in SL! The choices are much more interesting for my female alt than for me. Even a simple pair of shoes is a hoot. I can apply dozens of tints to the straps, sole, and heel. With my guy shoes, I pick a color and I'm done lol.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ricky Shaftoe said:

I can see why women enjoy shopping so much in SL! The choices are much more interesting for my female alt than for me. Even a simple pair of shoes is a hoot. I can apply dozens of tints to the straps, sole, and heel. With my guy shoes, I pick a color and I'm done lol.

Just wait until you start shopping for hair. And nails and jewelry, LOL. HUDs for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Just wait until you start shopping for hair. And nails and jewelry, LOL. HUDs for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays!

@Ayashe Ninetails is not exaggerating.

I could name 20 women's clothing stores I'd want almost everything from. And about that many more again I'd shop regularly at.

And that's basic clothing. I'm not taking into account shoes, hair, eyes, makeup, lingerie, etc.

With my male avatar, I can count the ones I really like on one hand.

To @Ricky Shaftoe .. for hair? L'Etre/DOUX. Others are really good, but hit them first.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

11 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

@Ayashe Ninetails is not exaggerating.

I could name 20 women's clothing stores I'd want almost everything from. And about that many more again I'd shop regularly at.

And that's basic clothing. I'm not taking into account shoes, hair, eyes, makeup, lingerie, etc.

With my male avatar, I can count the ones I really like on one hand.

To @Ricky Shaftoe .. for hair? L'Etre/DOUX. Others are really good, but hit them first.

Funny enough, shopping is even crazier on my guys. Not only do I still have a ton of stores for clothes, but it's so much easier to find style variety without having to comb through a ton of "same ole same ole" that womens stores have. I don't do "male hair," so there's no difference in shopping for that, nail and jewelry options are still pretty good, I wear makeup on them so I still go nuts buying all of that, and now that we have foot states, shopping for shoes is also kind of nutty. 😄 

My weekend sales experience lately is blah blah blah so much same-y predictable stuff for women blah blah omg I want that for guy 1, omg that would look so good on guy 2, AHH I need that hair, OMG those rings, AHH look at those SHOES, wheeee that outfit is fire, omg look at those arm mods, AHH I need those shades, that eyeliner is FIERCE, NEEEEEEEED! 😂

If you're totally new to the womens market, though, yeah, it'll seem really overwhelming. There's a TON of stuff everywhere you look, but a lot of it gets repetitive after a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Funny enough, shopping is even crazier on my guys. Not only do I still have a ton of stores for clothes, but it's so much easier to find style variety without having to comb through a ton of "same ole same ole" that womens stores have. I don't do "male hair," so there's no difference in shopping for that, nail and jewelry options are still pretty good, I wear makeup on them so I still go nuts buying all of that, and now that we have foot states, shopping for shoes is also kind of nutty. 😄 

My weekend sales experience lately is blah blah blah so much same-y predictable stuff for women blah blah omg I want that for guy 1, omg that would look so good on guy 2, AHH I need that hair, OMG those rings, AHH look at those SHOES, wheeee that outfit is fire, omg look at those arm mods, AHH I need those shades, that eyeliner is FIERCE, NEEEEEEEED! 😂

If you're totally new to the womens market, though, yeah, it'll seem really overwhelming. There's a TON of stuff everywhere you look, but a lot of it gets repetitive after a while.

I agree that a lot of places get repetitive. I see one more "clone" of Blueberry or Seniha fashions I'm just going to keel over asleep, but that's where really unique retailers can shine. Ecru, Mimikri, 1313, fashionably dead, Poison Rouge, neve, etc.

1 minute ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I agree that a lot of places get repetitive. I see one more "clone" of Blueberry or Seniha fashions I'm just going to keel over asleep, but that's where really unique retailers can shine. Ecru, Mimikri, 1313, fashionably dead, Poison Rouge, neve, etc.

I'll still spend store credit at Blueberry and others just to get some basics in my inventory (jeans, tanks, etc.), but I tend to reach beyond Ecru and 1313 and the others too. They're okay, but not my style either. In fairness, I'm always on the lookout for everything ridiculous and hilarious, so that tends to steer my shopping ship lately. 🤣

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.