Head-body mismatch?

Ricky Shaftoe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I'm trying on a new head (demo Leluka Eon etc) and body (purchased a Belleza Jake), together with a demo head skin and body "applier" (skin?) from Not Found. I think I've chosen the same skin tone for the body and head skin from Not Found, plus a neck fade. The fade does work, but the head always looks a little darker than the body. Is this intentional? Am I misunderstanding something? 

I've tried messing with the button next to the BOM button on the Belleza HUD, but it doesn't seem to solve this. It's all rather confusing!

Thanks!

Likely there's more shine on the body than on the head (more shine makes the surface look darker in certain lighting conditions).

If you've been messing with the button next to the BOM button, make sure you set it back to Masked, if you haven't already done so. It won't affect your mismatch problem but it will affect your ability to wear system alpha layers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've managed to reduce the mismatch somewhat, thanks to some of the comments here. Thanks!

This episode now has me looking at Lelutka heads to go with my Signature Geralt body. I posted a separate thread seeking advice on what skins to use with that combination of head and body. 

Thanks again for the help!

• Like 2

Some head skin designers specifically make their head skins to fit the body skins of other designers. Though in this particular case, the OP specified that he had the head and body skin from the same place.

It's always best to test and check skin matching with Advanced Lighting turned off. That way you know for sure that shine is not affecting the result.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.