Can I get this avatar rigged? (Plus other related questions)

Misi Yootz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!
So I've been hanging around with a really trashy avatar for god knows how long. And I came across another one, on another platform, which I fell in love with. And it turns out, the model file is available. https://sasaminvrc.booth.pm/items/4493931

The thing is though, I'm quite rusty in 3d and don't even have the fancy avatar plugin for blender (which I still yet to learn, studied 3ds max before). So I was wondering, how much would it cost to commission someone to rig it for me? Would it be legal at all? Would it be rude to take it like that? Would SL be able to handle the dangly bits? Or the polygon count?
Also would be nice to still have access to the texture (there are some cool recolors available, but not in a downloadable format, figured I can still tinker with that).

The fancy avatar plugin for blender you are referring to is Avastar. If you do it yourself you will be paying $44 or $L 11000. Here is a video explaining how to rig a 3D model into second life. I'm not sure how much commissioning a custom avatar would be. Residence of second life often like to create off brand versions of existing properties. Sometimes this can get you in trouble but most of the time not really. You see branded stuff all the time in cake day and dream day. (◔_◔) 

If you're looking for a furry avatar check the marketplace I'm not quite up-to-date on the latest trends for furrys but for human avatars I know quite a lot about that. I'm pretty sure someone else can point you in the right direction if you're looking for a furry avatar.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 12:28 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Medhue does this type of work. You can contact him for an estimate.

Also, try the Thursday Content Creators' user group. There will be several creative designers at that in-world meeting.

Medhue is one of my Content Creator gods. He taught me how to customize the SL skeleton and everything. In like, 20 minutes.

He deserves all the support he gets, because he's one of the most generous people we've ever had among us. Just saying.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.