script Error

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just like to know if anyone can help e resolve this proberlem.

When I stand on a D2TK posestand (or other posestands ) I get the following sript error

Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set.

Devil Tummy 101.224.26

hope someone can help

Les Neox

3 hours ago, sandi Mexicola said:

When you stand on the pose stands, look for a confirmation dialog to pop up in your viewer.  It will ask you for permission to animate you.  

When sitting (or standing on a pose stand which is functionally 'sitting') on an object, the request to TRIGGER_ANIMATION is automatically given.  No prompt to the sitter, so nothing to agree to*.  But the call to animate the avatar must still be 'requested'.  My guess is when the OP first sits/stands on the pose stand it's trying to a clean up from the last instance it was used, and throws the error, and only then it invokes a fresh a fresh request to animate which is then auto-granted.  Unless the script in the pose stand is +MOD we might not be able to know or fix.  But something is happening between the last use "stand" and the current use "sit" that is causing the error message, it's not the current sit in and of itself, if it's actually then posting the avatar as expected.

My suggestion to the OP is to simply

• ignore the error if in the end it poses you correctly, it's just an annoyance but not actually causing a problem.
  • Or to try out different pose stands until you find one that doesn't throw the error and use that one.
  • Or, if you use Firestorm**, use the viewers built in pose stand. It's really more convenient in most cases IMO.

---

* Provided the script is in the object being sat upon of course and it's like pose ball on a chair or dance ball which is just a relay to the actual script.

** I don't know if the official viewer or other TPVs have a built in pose stand, so  if they do, make that a wider suggestion.

Edited by Anna Salyx
added clarification of auto grant
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Les Neox said:

Canf see any request on my screen,

A lot of the more modern viewers stick this notification in the little square in the top right area of the screen which expands into tabs for system, group, other notifications, etc. It's annoying,. I have had several people for whom I made things claim they have stopped working and it's down to this, the dialog box asking for permissions isn't shown to them for immediate action but is just added to the list of notifications they haven't yet looked at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure we know what's actually happening here, based on the "(or other posestands)" part of the situation.

It's true that scripts can generate this error if they try to animate the avatar without getting permission, but as @Anna Salyx points out, a sat-upon pose stand won't  explicitly ask (with a dialog box that could be hidden) in order to get permission. And any competently-scripted pose stand would never try to trigger animations without having that permission already established automatically upon sitting.

So we're facing either:

• several different incompetently scripted pose stands (not impossible in SL), or
  • something other than the pose stand(s) throwing that error.

I'm wondering if there could be some other object (a buggy attachment?) that doesn't have permission, reacting to the avatar playing the built-in "turn_180" animation, aka "(Editing Appearance)", and trying to override it with a different animation. (That particular animation would be common to many pose stands.)

So my question: Are we sure the error message is being reported by the stood-upon pose stand?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

A lot of the more modern viewers stick this notification in the little square in the top right area of the screen which expands into tabs for system, group, other notifications, etc. It's annoying,. I have had several people for whom I made things claim they have stopped working and it's down to this, the dialog box asking for permissions isn't shown to them for immediate action but is just added to the list of notifications they haven't yet looked at.

yes, it is sometimes hard to find

the script seams to be related too a appearance outfit I have call "Devil  outfit) which I was wearing when this all started. A small scrip image (cant click on it) appearse in the air at about The cordence of 101.224.26 location. (Devil Tummy 101.224.26). Dose this help ?

9 hours ago, Les Neox said:

A small scrip image (cant click on it) appearse in the air at about The cordence of 101.224.26 location. (Devil Tummy 101.224.26). Dose this help ?

One of the objects in that outfit is running a script trying to pose you. The way to track it down is to take off all the items in that outfit folder, then one at a time, attach each of the objects, (no need to add any of the system clothes as they cannot contain a script).

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

One of the objects in that outfit is running a script trying to pose you. The way to track it down is to take off all the items in that outfit folder, then one at a time, attach each of the objects, (no need to add any of the system clothes as they cannot contain a script).

I"m betting it'a a piece/object called "Devil Tummy". since that is what is actually throwing the error   and the coords are where it (or the OP) is on the region. 

From the original post I had assumed it was a pose stand called "Devil Tummy", but now I realize it's probably a worn attachment.

I created a box and called it "Devil Tummy" to force the error for illustration purposes. That's where I'm standing in my house.

image.png.a414048dd14fcff0ad3bc10af6970cc6.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Salyx said:

I"m betting it'a a piece/object called "Devil Tummy". since that is what is actually throwing the error   and the coords are where it (or the OP) is on the region. 

From the original post I had assumed it was a pose stand called "Devil Tummy", but now I realize it's probably a worn attachment.

I created a box and called it "Devil Tummy" to force the error for illustration purposes. That's where I'm standing in my house.

image.png.a414048dd14fcff0ad3bc10af6970cc6.png

Sounds like something one wears when working on getting / instead of getting "prim babies"!

Thank you all for your comment and advises, I orig throught it would be an eazy fix but it seems to be more complexe. So I just put up with the script error and move no, got more inportant things to deal with. Again thank you for you interst.

Les Neox

8 hours ago, Les Neox said:

Wish there was a simpler way to find thing on the sim

Parcel Owners can get more information on all scripted objects in their parcel from the "about land" tab by clicking the "script info" button. This gives the name and location and owner of all scripted objects in the parcel. The way to this info differs from viewer to viewer but in general with the later generation viewers you get the place profile floater from the little i button in the top location field, and then scroll the parcel bar down to see the "about Land" button.

Also have a look at some of the TPVs which offer Area Search as another way to locate things in a region.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.