Being harassed by an ex-friend, how to make them stop?

Victoria Lenoirre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am being harassed by an ex-friend for the 2nd night in a row. He has sent me mean, unwanted messages. He's being offensive. I have ARed him twice.

Can I report him for griefing if I do not have proof from the pushes/bumps meter? He has a griefing tool that can lift an avatar many meters up and then send them flying away. One time he sent me around 100 meters away from my original location. At first it was funny, then it wasn't.

This person has alts. We met through that game, Tiny Empires. I left his "kingdom" and he got sooo very angry with me. 

Last night he wrote "you deserve anything that comes to you". 

How many reports do I create until someone stops him? Do we want someone like this inworld who will harass and harass if he's not happy? He seems to like to target women. I even wonder if he would try to hack into my accounts (my alts are only used for Tiny Empires and building) and try to get them banned? So I will have to be on a password-change schedule. 

Any advice, please?

8 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Victoria Lenoirre said:

Any advice, please?

ute/block and derender if your viewer allows.
For the rest do never respond to him. NEVER.

Go hang out at some different places as he knows about.

You post containts quite some things that didn't happen yet.. that's not abuse but from yourself. And not helping you, but what you quote what he said, would in my opinion not trigger any action from support.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

ute/block and derender if your viewer allows.
For the rest do never respond to him. NEVER.

Go hang out at some different places as he knows about.

You post containts quite some things that didn't happen yet.. that's not abuse but from yourself. And not helping you, but what you quote what he said, would in my opinion not trigger any action from support.

I hope he will get tired of my lack of response. But some people try to provoke me. I am usually not the type to show much emotion especially when someone gets mad. 

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Turn on Receive IMs only from friends, also.

This is a good idea! I also am removing my name from search. I found this option in Firestorm. Thank you!

22 hours ago, sandi Mexicola said:

It used to be that this option didn't work.  I don't know if they fixed that.  

Also, in regards to being pushed 100m, Firestorm has "Movelock" option.

I checked, the search removal option now works. 

Yes, I know about the Movelock but at the time I didn't think it was an issue. Now I see that it was because there were little signs that he is a toxic person. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.