What do you do when a merchant is non-responsive?

Elisora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a purchase from a merchant for a considerable amount, and when the box was delivered, it did not contain all that was required (according to the instructions in the notecard) to make the HUD function.

I have contacted the merchant twice using notecards but have not received any response in the three days since the purchase was made.

My transaction history definitely says that the item was delivered, and AN item was, it just doesn't work as advertised (actually not at all since the only item in the box other than a notecard, is a static image.

If contacting the seller fails, is there any other form of recourse to recover lost L$ when you've been cheated?

Nope, dealing directly with the person you did business with is it.  LL won't get involved (it's in the ToS......it comes under the resident to resident dispute area).  Keep trying with the note cards.......some people have busy real lives and cant drop everything for something in SL.  Most merchants are very honest and concerned when something goes wrong......give it time.

If a Resident is too busy with other endeavors to manage their store, they shouldn't own a store.

It is wrong to list items on MP and then not login for a week.

Leave a product review.  

Any Resident who witnesses or experiences fraud or abuse may file an Abuse Report.

While you wait, you can post the Notecard in the builders forum and ask if you do it right. You can edit out names that identify the seller.

I say this, because it's your first post and I am not sure how much you know about building. Lord knows I'm no expert myself, I spend most my time shopping, not creating.

Sometimes when it's first time someone build things, like a HUD, they lack basic knowledge. Let us say you (general you) has never made a sculpt, buy a box of sculpt tectures and when you upen the box, it's only clear textures. You try to apply them on a prim the same way as you use other textures and the prim is clear. (I did this the first time i tried to make a sculpt, lol. Then I started to google and found the right way)

it would be really unfair to bash the seller for lack of basic knowledge.

RL is also happening. Most SL merchants don't make enough money from their sales to live off, they have a RL job, and they can get sick. 3 days is not a very long time, even if it feels like a long time. You say you contacted them via Notecard, try a IM too. If they have IMs sent to email, they can recieve a IM even if their Notecards is capped.

Lillyanna Oleander wrote:

Another way to get the seller attention is if you bought the item on marketplace. Leave a negative review, which can be altered later once you get a satisfactory response. I have had to use this method in the past and it has been very sucessful. 

This won't work because merchants do NOT get notifified when a review is left.

I'd also advise sending a bunch of IM's.  Capped or not, if they have IM's to email, then they will get the message in email and be able to respond.  When my IM's are capped, when i'm offline and someone sends a notecard containing the problem, what do people think we can do when the email says "xyz has offered you inventory, log in to accept".

If the answer is anything other than NOTHING AT ALL then that was the wrong answer!

if it was market place and all else fails  maybe you can AR the item as well by reporting it with their AR system..i mean if it is on the market and taking money for something and fraud is going on..then there should be something that can be done there..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.