Inventory Idea Relating To Clothing

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know inventory sorting is a science, I had a quick idea I want to see what you think as far as feasable or practical. For example, I have a closet, in world, and I can in theory hang outfits on it. Then I just click the outfit, or single clothing, and it's that easy? Or am I missing something huge.

The problem I am trying to address is that inventory feels like work when it should, for some (like me), feel like dress up.

I am fully capable of folder management, but, isn't there a funner way?

Just an idea.

(I am aware of the closet systems and I applaud them.)

23 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Juan Marques said:

the answers section isn't really for these kind of posts as it's not for discussions, GD might be a better place

I imagined since I don't work here the ones who do can place it where appropriate. I do the best with what I know.

Edit: also, the answers section is a lot less contentious.

and, except for you, I know most of these people. 

Also: do you need help with your profile tag thingy? It is full of errors, misspellings. 

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Juan Marques said:

the answers section isn't really for these kind of posts as it's not for discussions, GD might be a better place

Not liking my opinion is possible, as it is evenso possible i don not like yours. Respect mine, i do the same to your.
All people are born as original, most live and die as bad copy.

This is how we approach others with stupid ideas? Take some grammar classes while I go learn how to edit these texts.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Juan Marques said:

Why. Why would it matter. I have very very awesome conversations in answers. Maybe you are in the wrong place. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Nobody is talking. It's just you.

So, if I want to post a question should I go to answers? Or should I go to General Discussion? seems like if I wanted an answer I would go to answers. 

answer looks weird spelled out

6 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

So, if I want to post a question should I go to answers?

If you have a question that is likely to have a direct answer, then go to the answers section

8 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I had a quick idea I want to see what you think

is not a question, it's a discussion starter.

8 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Then I just click the outfit, or single clothing, and it's that easy?

llAttachToAvatarTemp() ~without an experience, could possibly be used for this, but I forget if non-experience temp attachments survive teleport. (experience temp-attachments dissapear after leaving the experience enabled area)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

If you have a question that is likely to have a direct answer, then go to the answers section

is not a question, it's a discussion starter.

llAttachToAvatarTemp() ~without an experience, could possibly be used for this, but I forget if non-experience temp attachments survive teleport. (experience temp-attachments dissapear after leaving the experience enabled area)

Thank you. But that's the thing, it IS a question, I do not know if it will lead to a discussion or not. And I would like to reiterate, if this is an answers section, where do you let others know the question is answered? Otherwise, it IS an open forum.

missed a word

2 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Thank you. But that's the thing, it IS a question, I do not know if it will lead to a discussion or not. And I would like to reiterate, if this is an answers section, where do you let others know the question is answered? Otherwise, it IS an open forum.

how would I know if it has a direct answer or not? That is why I asked the question, if I knew I would not be asking. Fine. 

Honestly though, I had a question and I was hoping for an answer so I came to questions, I don't see why that was so bad of me, I apologize to no-one because I did nothing wrong (this time, I don't think). I asked a question in Answers, hoping for an answer. My mistake, I will stay away, even though this used to be home.

Ps, I can't get over how silly answer looks. 😆

• Administrators

Alrighty, since this thread is getting a little spicy & not going anywhere constructive I'm going to go ahead and close it.

As mentioned previously, the Answers section is intended for Residents who may have questions regarding specific things that they are seeking a direct answer for, and so that others who may have a similar question may seek out possible solutions. 

Threads that are intended for sharing ideas, feedback, and asking others to share their thoughts on the topic are better suited for discussion oriented areas of the forums appropriate for the topic, such as General Discussion. If you would like to continue discussing this particular topic, we encourage you to post in one of the discussion forums as they should be easier to follow (as far as responding & reading responses from others) with how those threads are structured vs threads in the Answers section. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.