Paid for Premium Plus account but it is still in basic

Winter Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi. I paid for a Premium Plus upgrade at 3:17 pm central time today. The payment went through immediately. But my account is still at basic and it is 7:35 pm central now. I logged off and was logged off for hours. How long doe sit take for the upgrade to take effect?

Thanks for your help.

Also, I just now went and created a supprt ticket for this. I just figured out how to do that. My bad😣

Edited by FionaMonroe
  • Like 1

8 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, Winter Nightingale said:

So, just to absolutly certain. If I buy a house I like on the market. Then choose this land ( which is 2048 ) I don't pay and monthly fees for the house or the land?

Or do I have to find land for sale, not for rent ?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Peadra-Fall-Central-Office-estate-sim-parcels-homestead-parcel-and-private-skyboxes/3538539

Your land purchase must be on mainland.  What you're showing is a rental on another resident's private island/estate.   To give you an idea of what and where mainland is, check out some of the posts here...

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/286-mainland/

Your could also get a Linden home which would use either 512 or 1024 (until the 2048 homes are released) and use the rest of the 1536 or 1024 for a parcel on mainland.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Juan Marques said:

Normally the change is without waiting. There might be a glitch or payment problem.
If it doesn't change wait your ticket, or call billing.

Thank you. I'm still waiting, but the ticket does say it is processing and I received and email acknowledging it. I'm wondering, once I get my Premium plus problem solves, how do I got about claiming my land? Will there be a walk through or is there some action I have to take that I haven't clued in on yet?

Thanks for your reply and help.

• Like 1

@Winter Nightingale,

You might get faster results by calling LL's billing number, 800-294-1067.

As for your "free" Premium land...

You have two options, and they can be mixed together.

Option 1 is a Linden Home. These are pre-built homes in several different themes. They are either on 512 or 1024 square meter parcels. You may have only one Linden Home at a time. See here for more about Linden Homes: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/linden-homes-r44/

Option 2 is to buy some Mainland. Your Premium Plus subscription allows you to own up to 2048 square meters of Mainland without being charged a monthly land fee. If you get a Linden Home, it counts against this allowance, which means you'd have 1024 - 1,536 land capacity still available to you. (LL has said that eventually we'll have an option for 2048 square meter Linden Homes, but that's not the case at present).

You can find parcels for sale on the Mainland in two main ways: in-world Search (CTRL+F) and/or the World Map, with "Land for sale" checked on the map legend. You can also bid on parcels in the Land Auctions here on this website under the "Buy Land" menu item in the top row.

Whether you buy land via an auction or directly by going to a parcel for sale, right clicking the ground, and choosing Buy This Land, you do pay a one-time purchase price. However, as long as the total amount of Mainland you own is 2048 or less, you don't pay a monthly fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2023 at 10:55 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

@Winter Nightingale,

You might get faster results by calling LL's billing number, 800-294-1067.

As for your "free" Premium land...

You have two options, and they can be mixed together.

Option 1 is a Linden Home. These are pre-built homes in several different themes. They are either on 512 or 1024 square meter parcels. You may have only one Linden Home at a time. See here for more about Linden Homes: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/linden-homes-r44/

Option 2 is to buy some Mainland. Your Premium Plus subscription allows you to own up to 2048 square meters of Mainland without being charged a monthly land fee. If you get a Linden Home, it counts against this allowance, which means you'd have 1024 - 1,536 land capacity still available to you. (LL has said that eventually we'll have an option for 2048 square meter Linden Homes, but that's not the case at present).

You can find parcels for sale on the Mainland in two main ways: in-world Search (CTRL+F) and/or the World Map, with "Land for sale" checked on the map legend. You can also bid on parcels in the Land Auctions here on this website under the "Buy Land" menu item in the top row.

Whether you buy land via an auction or directly by going to a parcel for sale, right clicking the ground, and choosing Buy This Land, you do pay a one-time purchase price. However, as long as the total amount of Mainland you own is 2048 or less, you don't pay a monthly fee.

So, just to absolutly certain. If I buy a house I like on the market. Then choose this land ( which is 2048 ) I don't pay and monthly fees for the house or the land?

Or do I have to find land for sale, not for rent ?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Peadra-Fall-Central-Office-estate-sim-parcels-homestead-parcel-and-private-skyboxes/3538539

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Your land purchase must be on mainland.  What you're showing is a rental on another resident's private island/estate.   To give you an idea of what and where mainland is, check out some of the posts here...

Your could also get a Linden home which would use either 512 or 1024 (until the 2048 homes are released) and use the rest of the 1536 or 1024 for a parcel on mainland.  

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

So I should be able to buy this, if I am understanding correctly? I love tihs spot and the house on it. But it is bigger than 2048. About how much will I be paying if I buy this?

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kendall/148/83/120

I actually bought the updated version of this same house on the marketplace. But have not been able to find a nice, snow region to put it. Every where I look is either grassland, tropical, and island. OR it's an area surrounded by some ugly buildings and stuff. I'm thinking of just getting this due to the location and surroundings.

Unless I can find a 2048 snow region to put my updated house on.

so how much would my monthly fee bee, in addition to my premium plus membership, if I bought this land?

Thanks for you help. Hope I'm not asking to many questions

You should start by reading this knowledge base article on land in second life...

I'm not logged in so I have no idea how large the parcel you're showing is so I have no clue how much it would cost you per month.  There is also a bonus when buying land for a group which someone will hopefully, come along and explain better than I could.

3 hours ago, Winter Nightingale said:

So I should be able to buy this, if I am understanding correctly? I love tihs spot and the house on it. But it is bigger than 2048. About how much will I be paying if I buy this?

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kendall/148/83/120

I actually bought the updated version of this same house on the marketplace. But have not been able to find a nice, snow region to put it. Every where I look is either grassland, tropical, and island. OR it's an area surrounded by some ugly buildings and stuff. I'm thinking of just getting this due to the location and surroundings.

Unless I can find a 2048 snow region to put my updated house on.

so how much would my monthly fee bee, in addition to my premium plus membership, if I bought this land?

Thanks for you help. Hope I'm not asking to many questions

I found a nice snow region to put my house on, so don't give up hope. Here's one way to look for them.

Open your Map, find an area on the Mainland that looks white. Turn on the For Sale button in the map legend. Parcels for sale will be in yellow. Parcels for auction will be in purple. Go visit likely looking parcels.

You can also use Search. Specify Mainland, and For Sale, and the size or size range you want, and then use Snowland or Snow Land as your search terms.

As long as the total Mainland you own (including a Linden Home, if you have one) is 2048 square meters or less, you pay no monthly land fees.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.