Certain email providers not allowed?

Remi Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to register an alt account using my Proton Mail email address and it was not allowed. The error message is not helpful but I dug into it in my browser...

Looking at response body of the XHR request posted by the sign-up form `@proton.me` is apparently classed as "low trust" and my address is flagged as a disposable email address (it's not, I've had it for a while).

My main account uses a Yahoo email address. I am not able to register another account with Yahoo because each one requires verification using a different mobile number.

Is there a Policy document that lists email services not permitted by Second Life?

Are there any other free email providers recommended?

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 11.04.19.png

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 11.01.18.png

Edited by Remi Alpha
  • Like 2

6 answers to this question

For what it's worth, gmail is quite nice for spamming different addresses for accounts:

• You can add a "+tag" to the end of your address,  so myEmail+secondlife@gmail.com and myEmail+secondlifeAlt@gmail.com both get routed to the owner of myEmail@gmail.com.
  • Some sites don't think '+' is a valid character in email addresses. To bully them, you can infix '.' anywhere in the address before the '@': like my.Email@gmail.com or m.y.e.m.a...i.l@gmail.com .
Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I use Sneakemail for a lot of sites, simply because I can more easily deactivate a specific address - and if I start getting spam to a specific address, I know which company/website likely sold my email address.  Sneakemail actually has a few domains they use for the addresses.  Sometime in the past 2-3 years I started having trouble using addresses from some of the domains - but not all of them, so not sure how they decide what is okay and what isn't.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.