anyway to find something that tells you when people enter your parcel?

junkurosu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

weird question i guess! but i wanted to know if there was some kind of security orb that told you when someone was in your parcel. honestly, i don't even really mind if people use my place for whatever they want, but whenever i enter someones house on accident (random teleporter damn you...) the owners seems to pop up magically like they knew i was there! so either im the unluckiest person on the planet (likely) or that theres something that tells you when someones landed on your parcel. 

rambling aside, i do want to just scare a few peole who enter my place...

I have this German shepherd:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Princess-Deidras-ARF-Visitor-Counter/9681426  IMs me when someone comes into the range I set and I have SL configured to email my IMs.  Not too scary though you can set him to bark at visitors, lol.

Edited by Leora Greenwood
more info
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I have this German shepherd:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Princess-Deidras-ARF-Visitor-Counter/9681426  IMs me when someone comes into the range I set and I have SL configured to email my IMs.  Not too scary though, lol.

thats so cute! now all i have to do is successfully convince my roommate for us to get a dog...thanks for the help! ^_^

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a link to the device I use. It detects visitors' entry to and exit from the parcel, records a list of visitors that includes time of arrival and departure, and IMs me when they arrive and depart. I think you would be quite happy with it. I am. The only drawback is that the size of the visitor list it can remember is limited, and I need to clear it every few months.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Here is a link to the device I use. It detects visitors' entry to and exit from the parcel

Most of Thomas's products still work, except for the Full Sim scanner, that was broken when LL moved to the Amazon cloud.  Just a caution that Thomas has not logged into SL since August of 2020.  And emails for him to fix the url pointers in the full sim scanner have not been answered.

• Like 2

I have NPCs which approach new visitors and say hello. See them at my place at the southeast corner of Vallone.

I used to have those greeters at some GTFO hubs, with "GTFO Hub Loss Prevention" T-shirts. They tended to cut down on griefing in big open-rez areas, simply by giving the impression that the place wasn't deserted.

I was thinking of making up one with an old guy with a stick who comes up to strange people and yells "Get off my lawn" at them until they leave. But that seemed too hostile.

I don't sell them, because parcel setup for pathfinding takes too much hand-holding for a product. You need a whole organization, like Virtual Kennel Club, with "trainers" and support, for such a product.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

oh wow i am not used to the forums exactly so i completely didn't know there were more replies until now! thank you all so much for the help ^__^! 

On 2/9/2023 at 2:14 PM, Jennifer Boyle said:

I came across this free item that might meet your need.

ill certainly be getting this one and laying it down. time to have a little fun!  

• Like 2

To wash up an old post, as well - here my personal, multi layered security & visitor detection system:

As a first line of both security and visitor detection I simply use the famous caspersafe. It is a security orb system that also has the ability to send you a popup message gridwide wherever you are, when someone NOT on your access list enters your private area. You can then grant access through that popup, ban them or ignore the message. The system also runs its own web based visitor list - so while not a live alert for people that have access, you can still log ALL visitors that way.

Now, because that is not enough for me and I'm one of those Discord fanatics who have their discord online 24/7 on all PC and mobile devices, I am additionally using a plugin from the creator Peter Stindberg. This plugin injects through an API into a discord channel on my own discord server. It instantly records any visitors on my land by sending a message in that specific chat channel in my discord server, so I get a discord ping every time someone visits my land. Regardless whether they have access with caspersafe, or not.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.