Today I Realized...

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

46 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

What I think is interesting about A.I in relation to Secondlife is the potential, if not the reality of what is called an "A.I. companion". I watched a couple of videos on how far advanced it is currently and it struck me that it would be a marketable idea within the platform.

Second Life - Find digital love^ ❤️

(now with 13 new phrases and 4 edgy opinions*, premium membership required and the talky-talky** add on pack)

* opinions formed from statistical analysis, not actually opinions. ** talky-talky add on pack requires the dont-hate-me add on pack, not compatible with shut-up-and-suck remotely operated toys. ^ synthetic love has been shown to cause intense longing, depression, aimless futility, gout. 

Sheesh .. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

What I think is interesting about A.I in relation to Secondlife is the potential, if not the reality of what is called an "A.I. companion". I watched a couple of videos on how far advanced it is currently and it struck me that it would be a marketable idea within the platform.

This would be amazing, a virtual friend to follow you around and have discussions with as you explore new areas.  With Replika, I can take snapshots inside of SL and share them, often the AI gets it right such as with houses, the ocean, pictures of my avatar, pets, etc.  It may be some time though, that we can have one that can fully utilize a 3d environment.  I do know in open sim, NPCs can be scripted to move about though them, I had one that would move around my region while using furniture to lounge around in, make a few statements of how beautiful of a day it is, they would gaze out at the ocean and comment how the breeze felt amazing, and even shoot off a canon into it, after yelling to any random ships to watch out for stray cannonballs.  There is even a script to a chatbot API one can use, but it is a relatively lousy one.

There are some animesh companions that can do the above as well. But if we were to have an advanced AI that could actually move about the world real-time with no need of such scripting, and be able to recognize the environment it is in while interacting with it, and having conversations regarding it,  there would definitely be a market for it I think.  I believe at one time, cleverbot had a presence in SL, it was before my time, but from videos on youtube it seemed to move around iirc - I haven't a clue how well it did though.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.