Vintage Hair Styles 1920s, 30s and 40s

Helen Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been looking around Market Place and inworld stores for vintage hairstyles, mainly for the 1920s, but also for the 1930s, 40s and 50s.  From what I have seen it seems that most of what is available is rather old and, as a consequence, not very convincing in present day SL.  Some of the 1940s "Victory Rolls", in particular, look like they're made out of solid plastic, rather than hair.  Styles suitable for the 1950s are relatively easier to find, as quite a few modern hairdos, especially those with ponytails, are suitable.

Can anyone please suggest where I can find a selection of hairstyles for the 1920s, 30s and 40s?

Thank you.

Edited by Wanda Starlight
fixed a typo
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Wanda Starlight said:

I have been looking around Market Place and inworld stores for vintage hairstyles, mainly for the 1920s, but also for the 1930s, 40s and 50s.  From what I have seen it seems that most of what is available is rather old and, as a consequence, not very convincing in present day SL.  Some of the 1940s "Victory Rolls", in particular, look like they're made out of solid plastic, rather than hair.  Styles suitable for the 1950s are relatively easier to find, as quite a few modern hairdos, especially those with ponytails, are suitable.

Can anyone please suggest where I can find a selection of hairstyles for the 1920s, 30s and 40s?

Thank you.

Try Nylon Outfitters...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/651

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wanda Starlight said:

Thank you.

EnVogue has some that is higher quality than most you will find.

• Like 3

Some really good suggestions there.  Thank you everyone.  I forgot about Maraschino.  I actually have a couple of styles from there, but they're a bit shorter than what I wear these days, so I haven't had them on for a couple of years.  Worth revisiting though.

I can see I have some shopping to do at Nylon Outfitters.........

• Like 5

Under newest 
relevance 
oldest  on marketplace.        Tags: 1950s hair  , 50s  hair , rockabilly hair , vintage hair pinup hair. Greaser, Retro Hair , Big Hairdos, Updos ,Hipster.

Flapper hair , 1920s hair , 20s hair , 1930s hair , 30s hair ,  Vintage Short hair. 

Wavy hair , 40s hair , 1950s short wavy hair , 

1920 called BOBBING” AND “WAVING” IN THE 1920S with hair. Short hair. 

Inthe 1930s was more wavy middle to long hair. 

30s to 40s wavy, elegant waves. 

tight curls , pin curls , bobbed hair 

Analog Dog , Alice Project , Vanity Hair , Iconic Hair , Truth Hair ,  Ingenue, Bliensen , Limerence , Speakeasy.Wasabi Pills. Alli & Ali Design , Rama Hair , Exile , Homage , Astrology , Boon , Liquid moon hair , Phoenix Hair , One-Creations/Hair Studio One , Stintiklia , Tameless , EnVouge , Ayame Ame , KMH , Opale , Calico . Argrace , Love , Cheveux , Tabeau Vivant , Fashionably Dead , Amiable , Navy & Copper , Ashashi , Tukinowaguma ,Mina Hair , Tram , Eliavah , pr!tty , Doux , EscalateD ,Nylon Outfitter, Mona Ramona Vintage Store, Pocket Mirrors , TuTy , Emotions, G&T Creations , Cawta hair , ClawTooth. 

Look on FB/ Pintest/flickr/Blogs/Internet/Second life Blogs/Groups/Landmarks:    search under Vintage fair hair second life , Hair fair second life , 1950s hair second life , 50s hair second life ,  Rockabilly Hair second life. Also include the year with the description if you have to.

Also with most hairs find a good hairbase  baby hairs , Waves , Parted hair , straight combed , also hairbase you can tint to match it up right. 

Edited by hollygillian
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.