GregMorris

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Any Best Tips, on how to get help with recovering the old Avi, I use to have? many years ago,  or can point me to where i can find help with this problem to hopefully gain access to it again?  I have the lost -Avi profile setting in front of me right now. online in Second Life, as I type this.  but its been a very long time pass.  so My old MSN email account attached to this Avi, i no longer have access to it.  Email was shut off When the MSN changed years ago now, for many years, and I don't think there is a chance I can remember that far back, what the user password is for The Name on the account.   but the only thing i need is a password change, sent to a New Email Current and not the Old Email, that is on the Old User File on the Second Life Server...  Thank You to anyone, that can enlighten me, on the process here at SL, and the link to get this all started ?   Best Regards    

• Like 2

@GregMorris, look at the bottom of this page in the column "Connect with us". Click the Support link there. Follow the links to create a support case. Give them as much information as you can about the old account...your RL name, the address you were living at at the time you made that account, approximately when you created the account, and the email (even if it no longer exists).

• Like 3

Here's how to actually do it (I know from doing this myself):

file a support ticket as a guest

Give the avi name you're trying to recover

explain that you don't have access to the old email anymore.

do NOT go giving rl names, addresses etc - they don't need that.

Wait for a reply, it takes about 2 days.

They'll ask you to answer that avatar's secret question, and will suggest you guess it if you don't actually recall it.

You'll be asked about any current alts (they use the big words Active Alternate Accounts).  You will be advised to list any/all alts along with secret questions/answers.  This is to give them info to compare to the account you're trying to recover.

If Support can verify your claim, then they'll help you to reset it's email address, and it's secret question/answer.

6 hours ago, belindacarson said:

They'll ask you to answer that avatar's secret question, and will suggest you guess it if you don't actually recall it.

Secret questions don't apply to all accounts.  Most of my accounts don't have an associated secret question.

Once when I wanted to recover an old account, they asked me provide the last names of 3 people on my Friends list that they gave me the first names of.  

Another time they asked me what city & state I was in when I created the account.

Most times, I figure it is a crap shoot on what they will ask to try to verify the account owner.

• Like 6

On 12/13/2022 at 12:24 AM, GregMorris said:

Any Best Tips, on how to get help with recovering the old Avi, I use to have? many years ago,  or can point me to where i can find help with this problem to hopefully gain access to it again?  I have the lost -Avi profile setting in front of me right now. online in Second Life, as I type this.  but its been a very long time pass.  so My old MSN email account attached to this Avi, i no longer have access to it.  Email was shut off When the MSN changed years ago now, for many years, and I don't think there is a chance I can remember that far back, what the user password is for The Name on the account.   but the only thing i need is a password change, sent to a New Email Current and not the Old Email, that is on the Old User File on the Second Life Server...  Thank You to anyone, that can enlighten me, on the process here at SL, and the link to get this all started ?   Best Regards    

When I did this about 3 years ago, I opened a support ticket and sent LL a message including my SL log-in password and info like friends' names, locations I'd visited and things in my inventory, as well as an updated email address, and got reinstated within a week. Good luck! ☘️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

it took me a while to figure out how to reply , to you and others on this Forum.    Thank You for your comments Rat Luv.  Yes i will Try, after the holidays are over.  my old Av is almost 17 years old now.  but he would be with only stock inventory i guess.   i never paid for anything back then in SL.   or even had anyone on my friend list i can remember at least.  however i will give it a shot !!!     Thanks Again  Greg

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 9:37 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most times, I figure it is a crap shoot on what they will ask to try to verify the account owner

I also think it's random. I thought I was done with SL a long while ago, but later wanted my old two accounts back. I got one back, the other one not, even though I had provided ID, and both absolutely were my own accounts, created by myself. So, with, from my experience, it being a 50:50 chance, it's worth a try in any case. (Of course, the account I did get back wasn't the one I most wanted back. A cautionary tale of not burning all bridges behind you if you're a fickle creature 😅)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.