Anyone seeing objects missing?

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm seeing scripts revert to older versions upon transfer from one avatar to another. On the first occasions I wondered if it was just me making mistakes or remembering things wrong. But now I've seen it happen under circumstances that can not be explained other that through some weird asset server quirk - maybe cloud-related.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/19/2023 at 4:46 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

image.png.5fb337fec958ebdf68b743ea840bc601.png

Yes, this thread is almost a year old - and YES it really is worth bumping the thread --- mostly because it has been a year and the issue is still here.

As we head into the holiday season, which will not only bring lots of sales events, but also the Advent Calendars.  However, it is really difficult to shop when lots of items at the events do not even rez.

Below is what I saw at a sales event this morning - after standing here a full 5 minutes.  My graphics settings were already reduced and I clicked the button to derender avatars - and then I finally even bumped my LOD up (just in case of bad mesh issues).  I went into Wireframe and back.  Scrolled way out and back in.  No change.  Below is what it looked like up close, even though one might think it was simply due to scrollilng out.

After TPing Home and back, twice, all of the booths and items have finally decided to rez.  As I mentioned in another thread, the biggest issue with the no-rezzing problem is that in some places, you do not even realize you have items missing.

20231119-SaleEvent_001.thumb.jpg.eb0f775a146c705845056f1b564be9e6.jpg  

Yep, this is the issue exactly and as you say it's now a very old serious bug. Seems to be very intermittent though, some days everything is fine and others... this, sometimes it's a lot more subtle with just a few items missing... might even not really notice it.

It's a strange one, the objects are there since they usually have physics still but there's nothing you can see.

20 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

It's a strange one, the objects are there since they usually have physics still but there's nothing you can see.

Lost UDP packets.

You can bounce off the objects physics, because the server handles that and knows where every object is and what it's physics shape is.

But rendering it... You viewer does that, and to do that it needs UDP packets from the server.

Viewer : My user has arrived in your region, at position X, facing in direction Y, with draw distance Z, what can they see?

Server : Your user can see "Cool Looking Store Building", UUID blah-bl;ah-[data destroyed by cloudcrap]-blah

Viewer : Umm, I might have that in my cache, but without the full UUID, I cant search and check, or re-stream it from the CDN, so I can't render it, can you resend please?

Server : No.

That's why you can bump into it, but can't see the thing. The question is WHY are the vital UDP packets vanishing, where to, and who is at fault. That's the bit LL are having trouble sorting out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.