How do you use your Tilia account to buy lindens?

portexploits

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was trying to buy Lindens with my TIlia account. I removed all payment methods so the payment can't use any of my cards or PayPal. When I try to buy lindens, this is what I see at the check out. https://prnt.sc/Y7LMISJdPh4a

I might as well mention that I was hoping to buy and sell lindens to gain a little profit. Is this possible?(like the stock market/cryptocurrencies) Please let me know if I am wasting my time with this idea.

4 answers to this question

You NEED to have Payment Info listed in order for Tilia to work. It is not a separate account, just the method that is use to exchange money.   EDIT: Excuse me " game tokens for USD".  Most of us here think of lindens as money I think LOL. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

You NEED to have Payment Info listed in order for Tilia to work. It is not a separate account, just the method that is use to exchange money.   EDIT: Excuse me " game tokens for USD".  Most of us here think of lindens as money I think LOL.

Okay thanks I'll try it.

9 hours ago, portexploits said:

I might as well mention that I was hoping to buy and sell lindens to gain a little profit. Is this possible?(like the stock market/cryptocurrencies) Please let me know if I am wasting my time with this idea.

People used to do this, back when there were third party Linden Dollar exchanges and there was somewhat more variation in the market price for L$. But have a look at the Market Data section of the LindEx. You'll see that the rate varies by only a couple of L$ over the course of a month. If you take into account the fees that LL charges you when you buy and sell L$, it's almost impossible to make any money by trading; in fact it's much more likely you'll lose money, eaten away by fees.

You can pretty much ignore the difference between the Buy and Sell prices. That difference reflects the fees.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, portexploits said:

Just in case your thoughts about using the LindeX for profit are serious, be sure to read https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Policy_regarding_inworld_banks .  It may be relevant to whatever you are planning.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.