My Sl dad has a Qustion so here it goes

sierrarose Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello My name is Sierrarose Blackheart 

I am wanting to know some thing may be some one can help me or see how we can get a Problem solved  My dad wants to know some thing his name is Mid Bode (MidnightRambler Frostbite) wanted to know if he go and buy the Shells of the Race car can he use the Nascar Name in his racing Group and race the cars in Sl Sprint Cup Xfinity cup is there a Way that we can use them in Sl if so what do we have to do on going on making it happen we wanted to make sure that we do this Right for we do not want to see any one in trouble So if some one can get back to me or Mid  we would love it we been trying to get it all alright for us to use the the Nascar names cars in Sl 

Thanks for your time 

Sierrarose blackheart 

ps Mid Bode (MidnightRambler Frostbite) 

You are welcome to come and Talk to us on this matter at Mid Bode (MidnightRambler Frostbite)  You are welcome to come and look around and see if we have the the Ok for us to racing   what he is wanting to know is that if he use the the names Xfinity and Sprints cars some one has the shells and wanted to know if they can race with them and if they can how can they go on using them we just wanted to make sure that we can use them we do not want to get into Trouble for raceing them in World so if someone can get back to on this that would be good thanks again 

death car - Copy.JPG

death car number_001 - Copy.jpg

death car number_001.jpg

death car number_002 - Copy.jpg

death car number_002.jpg

death car.JPG

if we can use them cars_001.jpg

if we can use them cars_002.jpg

• Confused 1

7 answers to this question

This is an intellectual property question. You'd have to contact the owners of the logos you want to use (NASCAR and Xfinity) and ask them if you could have permission to use their logos on your virtual racecar in Second Life.

That's the correct way to do it. A lot of people would just slap the logos on their car and take the chance that someone would report them to the owners of the logo. Even if somebody did that, the chances are good that NASCAR and Xfinity would not care and would not take action. If they DID choose to take action, they would file a DMCA takedown notice with Linden Lab, and your cars would be removed from the grid by LL. But that is very probably the only "punishment" that you'd incur.

• Thanks 1

that is good to know that is why my Sl dad is asking for we do not want any one in Trouble so thanks for all of the info He wants to make sure that he dose it right and not getting in to trouble he wanted to use the cars that but did not know if he can... he wants to make sure that he is doing it right and wants it in wighting on what he needs to do and what he dose not need to do so that no one gets into trouble 

On 11/16/2022 at 7:04 PM, Jayden Ravenhurst said:

No that's not ok and it a good 20+ violations to the ToS he agreed to when he created an account.  If he doesn't own the rights to the logos he can't use them.  Many companies already have agreements where if you use their logs linden labs can immediately take action.  

Make up fake logos and companies

LL can not take action without the companies holding the rights to such filing a dcma,  so without comcast/nascar/ect filing a dcma with LL, nothing will be done.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure why you're so worried about the logos of these two organizations. You already have a number of other trademarked logos on your cars...Mobil, Geico, Holley, Goodyear, 3M...

The only one I see that I KNOW is OK to use is Coca-Cola. They made their logo free to use in SL many years ago.

• Thanks 1

Some companies care, and some don't. Harley-Davidson is known to strongly object to seeing their name on anything they didn't make. There's a licensed Hello Kitty amusement park in SL.

Businesses in SL often have their own brands. Entourage SUVs, Volta electric cars, etc. Roxoil gasoline. Gentek Telecom. My own is Animats Advanced Vehicle Technologies. Visit "NTBI" region for a whole mall of custom brands. The custom in SL is to make up your own.

If you're stuck on names, here's Wikipedia's list of defunct consumer brands.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.