open orders of lindens to sell but not selling?

PurpleBunny88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, PurpleBunny88 said:

i have quite a few of linden orders that i'm selling. but it's taken so long for the order to be filled. some have been like 6 days and still nothing. any suggestions please? or is it just slow sometimes? thank you

the reason i'm thinking about is that you offered to sell at a rate that's not in range of the current market. It can take days, or weeks, or even never if that's the situation.
Or, if you started just recently with the payment method, it might be your limits are reached.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

That's not particularly unusual, especially if you are offering to sell at an exchange rate  that is at or below the rate where the greatest volume of orders are currently being traded.  For example, right now, the greatest volume of trades are offering a rate of L$241/ $1.00.  If you place your sell order at that rate or lower, it will take a much longer time than if you offer to sell at L$242/$1.00 or above.   Clearly, people looking to buy are more interested in getting L$243 for their dollar than in getting only L$241, so the trade is likely to go through in less than a day or two.

77fb6ca54d6a3279be0b6c14b90747c6.png 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PurpleBunny88 said:

however when i market sell it goes in straight away.

Oh yes.  That's always true.  When you sell at the current market rate, you are saying that you will accept the best offer that anyone is willing to make at the moment, no matter what it is. With that freedom, there will always be an instant buyer waiting to pay.  

L$242/$1.00 is a good price.  I usually sell at L$243/$1.00 to get a faster sale, but L$242/$1.00 still seems to take only a day or two longer.  It really all depends on timing, and much of that is luck. One common theory is that offers placed in mid-week move faster than ones placed on the weekend, but I haven't seen any reason to believe that myself. 

A year ago you could sell at 240, today people are selling at 244.

I've had an open order at 242 for eight days now. 

So, go figure if you are trading L$ for $ (USD) in $100 lots, the transaction now cost L$320 more than it did a year ago. If you are converting regularly to pay your tier and fees, it begins to cost more and more as people do not plan properly and become inpatient. Such is life i guess.

Seems that chances are high that it may go as low as 245 by the end of the year.

In short, it is not transacting quickly because you are being under bid by others. If you need a quick transaction you will have to take the lumps of a few L$ loss, which basically pays that forward to the rest of the community. 

Anyway, who needs selflessness, and collaboration for the good of the community? Yeah, all that hippy stuff is way overrated. 

21 minutes ago, StrongZer0 said:

In short, it is not transacting quickly because you are being under bid by others. If you need a quick transaction you will have to take the lumps of a few L$ loss, which basically pays that forward to the rest of the community. 

Anyway, who needs selflessness, and collaboration for the good of the community? Yeah, all that hippy stuff is way overrated. 

At least the LindeX is a controlled economy, LL will keep the price within a certain range (and is very stable).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.