Any or best places to rez backdrops for photos?

BenRoyal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Helloooo.  Any ideas for this from anyone?.  I have created a skyfloor above my LL Home, which I use for making photos.  But the scale of my backdrops and props has grown, and now I am struggling to have enough PRIMS in my LL allowance to rezz everything.  Are there any locations in SL that let you rez your own backdrops, sets and poses for taking pics, without any Land Impact restrictions?

I am guessing not.. but thought I'd ask

Thanks, Ben

Say hello InWorld.  I am also on Flickr

♕Mr Royal♕

Edited by BenRoyal
typo

Could you put the backdrops into a rez box?  One backdrop place used to have several backdrops in one box.  Click the box, choose which backdrop to use.  It would control the amount of prims used at one time.   Something like this...

Second Life Marketplace - 'The Magic' Rezzer (formerly 'Optimus' Multirezzer)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are a premium member there are sandboxes that are less used. Use the Wold Map to find them. Search on Premium. Otherwise search on sandbox.

If you have been part of the SL Beta groups then there are the Release Candidate regions like Blue Steel, which these days are almost always empty.

Additionally there are sandboxes in the Preview Grid. You do have to log into the the Preview Grid and often request SL Support to copy your inventory over. Normally it updates within 24 hours of your last login to the Preview (aka; Beta, Linden-Test) grid. The first time can be a problem and the inventory copy often fails. But, once working it continues and is reasonably reliable. You can read about the Preview Grid in the SL Wiki.

• Thanks 2

For rezzing stuff I guess any sandbox sim will do.
There are also couple of very good photography orientated sims out there that house large variety of backdrops on different themes for those who lack the inventory or space to rezz their own.

• Sunny's photo studio(requires small fee to join group and use the available backdrops and poses) - offers variety of themed backdrops and poses to work with.
  • Naturally Naughty Photo Studio(pay no attention to the name :D) - Has very large variety of backdrops, even those very big ones that we usually can't rezz on our lands. It has nearly 20 areas to choose from
  • Backdrop City - By far probably the largest and most famous backdrop sim with I don't know how many different themed areas to choose from, but they are a lot! 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2022 at 9:40 AM, Aiyumei said:

For rezzing stuff I guess any sandbox sim will do.
There are also couple of very good photography orientated sims out there that house large variety of backdrops on different themes for those who lack the inventory or space to rezz their own.

• Sunny's photo studio(requires small fee to join group and use the available backdrops and poses) - offers variety of themed backdrops and poses to work with.
  • Naturally Naughty Photo Studio(pay no attention to the name :D) - Has very large variety of backdrops, even those very big ones that we usually can't rezz on our lands. It has nearly 20 areas to choose from
  • Backdrop City - By far probably the largest and most famous backdrop sim with I don't know how many different themed areas to choose from, but they are a lot! 

Thanks for thiose suggestions.  Do you know if you can additionally rez your own props and poses at the above three locations, or are you limited to just what they provide.  ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BenRoyal said:

Thanks for thiose suggestions.  Do you know if you can additionally rez your own props and poses at the above three locations, or are you limited to just what they provide.  ?

All 3 locations allow rezzing of props and poses, Sunny's and Naturally Naughty require you to be in their groups, Backdrop City allows freely rezzing of objects with automatic return after certain period.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.