Lelutka Dilemma

Jenaia Morane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. I found a Lelutka Evox head I really like (Kaya) but when I add the shape it reduces the size of my avatar in half (I'm wearing  Maitreya's regular Lara body). I don't understand why. This doesn't happen with my other Evox head (Briannon). Any idea how to stop that? I don't want to have to edit my body.

Anyway, I assumed the solution was to buy a new shape and went looking for both a new skin for the head and shape from one maker that would work.  I found a skin I liked and got the maker's body as well, but HATE the body shape. Also, despite repeated back and forths with the creator they can't seem to resolve the line between the head and body (old familiar issue) even with their neck fixer.

So I am back to my old dilemma. Why does the shape included with the Kaya head make my avatar a midget? I'd like to just keep my Lara body and the Kaya head without have to go buy a new body shape. Thoughts, suggestions? Many thanks.  

Is it really so hard to make a new notecard and put body, head size, torso, and legs slider numbers in it from your preferred shape? Then edit Kaya's shape and put in those same copied numbers? It might take 15 minutes at most if you are careful about it.

For example,

Body height 52, thickness 48, fat 0, hover 50

Head size 90

Torso muscles 50, neck thickness 67, neck length 40, shoulders 45, breast size 42, breast buoyancy 50, breast cleavage 33, arm length 90, hand size 40, torso length 75, love handles 70, belly size 0

Legs muscles 35, length 45, hip width 50, hip length 50, butt size 20, saddle bags 15, knee angle 48, foot size 10

Naturally that works for my body but not necessarily yours. You don't need to copy all the face sliders since the Kaya shape already has a nice face, imo.

• Like 3

That's a good idea Kjartan. I have never done that before but I will try it. Thank you.
I should add that I am always leery about editing anything because I'm afraid I'll screw it up.
BUT  everything is fixable, right?

Edited by Jenaia Morane
  • Like 2

The body shapes that come with heads/face skins are often kind of arbitrary, because they don't really matter. They figure you're just going to adjust the body to be what you want anyway, but they have to fill something in there--it can't be a "shape" without any body numbers. Kjartan has the way of it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I'd just start with a brand new shape and edit it to the settings you like. 

Definitely make a backup copy of your shape before you start editing.

This. When i demo a head i make a copy of my everyday wear shape, wear it, rename it to indicate it's for testing that head, and edit; that way I'm only making adjustments to the head shape. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jenaia Morane said:

That's a good idea Kjartan. I have never done that before but I will try it. Thank you.
I should add that I am always leery about editing anything because I'm afraid I'll screw it up.

I always have to edit the "standard" shape they give with the Lelutka heads.  In my limited experience,  the head shape part is perfect,  but there is NO shape to the body.   Just be sure to "save as" when you edit the shape - keep the original,  so if you make a mess you can go back and start over.   It's really not too difficult to edit the body to what you like,  and it can often help with making clothing fit right - so good idea to get comfy with it.  :)   Good luck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cali Souther said:

I always have to edit the "standard" shape they give with the Lelutka heads.  In my limited experience,  the head shape part is perfect,  but there is NO shape to the body.   Just be sure to "save as" when you edit the shape - keep the original,  so if you make a mess you can go back and start over.   It's really not too difficult to edit the body to what you like,  and it can often help with making clothing fit right - so good idea to get comfy with it.  :)   Good luck!

My quest usually starts with a skin.  Then I see what head it's shown on.  Then I can start with the shape that came with the head and edit to my liking.  The body numbers just get plugged in from my notecard.  THAT never changes unless I switch bodies.  I have a notecard for Maitreya, Legacy and now, Reborn.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 7:59 AM, Jenaia Morane said:

Right. If you make backups, it is easily fixable.

On 10/19/2022 at 12:11 PM, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I also use the Frankenstein app.  If you save your ideal body shape and the included head shape to your computer as XML files, the app will take the head from one and apply it to the body of another into a single XML file. And it's all free!

Wait... there is an app for this? Where did you find it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Wait... there is an app for this? Where did you find it?

Honestly I don't remember, I think it was a thread in the SL forums that was talking about using the provided shape but keeping the current body...I think someone linked it cos it's on my desktop machine and works amazingly well! Sadly, I'm 800 miles from my desktop machine and working offa a cheesy notebook :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.