group +10%, how does it work?

tyronbull

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I read that is possible to buy a land with a group and that will give a 10% more allowance for taxes.

so i want to ask if i get the idea

Example:

I am going to get my 1024sqm with my premium and that should be 0 taxes

but if i get 1100 it will be like 2048 for taxes

BUT if the owner is a group 1024+10%, till 1126sqm will be 0% tax (like it was 1024) for a premium account. Is that right?

Now, how it works? I need to buy and then give to a group or there is a way to buy in nam eof a group?

Can help me about this please?

thanks

6 minutes ago, tyronbull said:

but if i get 1100 it will be like 2048 for taxes

no, if you get  1100 your 1024 goes off and you'r tier will be in the lowest addition of 512 sqm

8 minutes ago, tyronbull said:

BUT if the owner is a group 1024+10%, till 1126sqm will be 0% tax (like it was 1024) for a premium account. Is that right?

Now, how it works? I need to buy and then give to a group or there is a way to buy in nam eof a group?

to the first ; yes, but keep in mind, the system counts in minimum size sections of 16m2, not all group bonusses will fit in that, sometimes you'll have some spare bonusmeters available that are not usable.

to the second no ; if you first buy the land you will buy privately and not for your group, so you will raise in tier level.
In this case you need to buy for group ánd "owner makes contribution" or donate your tier to the group first and buy for group.

so ... let's go easy and please help me to understand. It would help easy optionand basic English please

1. I am premium member today

2. I create a group

3. I want to buy a land and not pay tax, so 2 option

a. buy myself a 1024sqm and i will pay 0
b. buy a land 1024sqm+bonus for group.

So let's talk about option b
What should I do?
4. choose a land to buy: how many meters could i buy?
5. how to buy that to get the bonus?

a. Land comes in units of 16 m² so that 10% group bonus on 1024 m² will cover up to 1120 m² of land (with, yes, 6 m² remaining).

b. The easiest way is, after #2 (create a group), contribute all your 1024 to that group. Use the "Land/Assets" tab of group info window:

image.png.c6171cd66069cbda9a30e745e9b3b84e.png

Put 1024 in the yellow-highlighted box, and the blue highlighted line should show 1126 m². Congratulations, your group bonus is applied!

c. Make sure you have that group as your active group, then find up to 1120 m² land you want the group to own, then Buy For Group:

image.png.906f851701f06dffe588319433eb4de9.png

• Like 1

To buy the land for the group, donate your 1024 allowance to the group (I find this to be the easiest way to do it). The group will then be able to buy 1024 sq m + 10% bonus = 1,120 sq m. When you find a parcel that you are able to buy with that amount of land allowance, you will need to buy it *for the group*.

image.thumb.png.ec80ee034a811839132d64e96abb88d4.png

Read this article for more explanation of group land, buying group land, etc. Also, look at the sidebar on the right side of that page to see if any of the languages there work better for you than English does.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tyronbull said:

so if i give that to my group is possible to delete it if i change my mind? I mean before i buy something

Oh yeah. Just set that 1024 m² contribution back to 0 and it should be back to the way it was before.

You can check your current land situation from the Land Manager dashboard for Land Use Fees: https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tyronbull said:

so ... let's go easy and please help me to understand. It would help easy optionand basic English please

1. I am premium member today

2. I create a group

3. I want to buy a land and not pay tax, so 2 option

a. buy myself a 1024sqm and i will pay 0
b. buy a land 1024sqm+bonus for group.

So let's talk about option b
What should I do?
4. choose a land to buy: how many meters could i buy?
5. how to buy that to get the bonus?

My understanding is that the group bonus has nothing to do with taxes on tier and/or premium fees, but is a 10% extra land allowance bonus. In other words, instead of having an allowance of 1024, you would have an allowance of 1024*1.1, or 1125 sqM.

I dont think this has anything to do with tax status.

41 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

My understanding is that the group bonus has nothing to do with taxes on tier and/or premium fees, but is a 10% extra land allowance bonus. In other words, instead of having an allowance of 1024, you would have an allowance of 1024*1.1, or 1125 sqM.

I dont think this has anything to do with tax status.

You wrote "instead of having an allowance of 1024". This kind of "allowance" you told, what is it for? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.