Wreath attachment

Baiphen Quintessa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles

Sadly, in Linden Homes - no, as the wreath would have to be linked to the door itself in order to do so, and to do that, you would have to own the house object or at the very least, the door as its own linkset.

The best suggestion I have is to hang it to the side of the door, which isn't ideal, or to just be sure it is set to be phantom so you can at least walk through it while it hangs in midair until the door is closed again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

Sadly, in Linden Homes - no, as the wreath would have to be linked to the door itself in order to do so, and to do that, you would have to own the house object or at the very least, the door as its own linkset.

The best suggestion I have is to hang it to the side of the door, which isn't ideal, or to just be sure it is set to be phantom so you can at least walk through it while it hangs in midair until the door is closed again.

I never thought of that, the setting it to phantom. Thank you! You're an angel.

• Like 2

I can think of a workaround for this, though its a bit of a kludge.

Find or buy another door, that you can modify, with an open/close script included. Link the wreath to this door, shrink the door down so its no bigger than the wreath, and make the door itself (not the wreath) transparent.

Place this in front of your Linden Home door (not linked, obviously).

Now when you want to open the door, you'll need to click both the home door AND the wreath (this is why you'll need to shrink the new door). They will move separately, and may not close together either, but at least the wreath won't be hanging in mid-air when you walk through.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Find or buy another door, that you can modify, with an open/close script included. Link the wreath to this door, shrink the door down so its no bigger than the wreath, and make the door itself (not the wreath) transparent.

Now when you want to open the door, you'll need to click both the home door AND the wreath (this is why you'll need to shrink the new door). They will move separately, and may not close together either, but at least the wreath won't be hanging in mid-air when you walk through.

Oohhhh...sounds complicated. I like this idea too. And the longer I dink around with this idea and Moonstrucks, the less time I have to contemplate ripping up all my furniture and redecorating...again. Thank you! (Though I could rip everything out and change houses, I mean it HAS been almost a week, give or take four days.)

On 10/3/2022 at 8:07 AM, Maitimo said:

I wonder if there is a way to make a listen script to put in a hinge that the wreath is attached too, when the door opens, the listen script would hear that and make the wreath move too.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.