New Second Life Viewer

Kaleb Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is the viewer I am using -

Second Life Release 6.6.4.574724 (64bit)

Since this week, when I use in-world search and click on someone's entry to see their full profile, the link takes me out of SL to the web based profile and not the in-world profile. This didn't happen before.

Has there been an update and I need to change my settings, somewhere? This viewer is the one with the new in-world profiles.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Olivier Marques
Typo

As far back as I can recall, the LL viewer has used web-based profiles, and it was the lengthy wait until the profile appeared that drove me back to Catznip where they give you the inworld profile. I don't think there is any way to specify where the viewer should go for the profiles.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:26 AM, Olivier Marques said:

This is the viewer I am using -

Second Life Release 6.6.4.574724 (64bit)

Since this week, when I use in-world search and click on someone's entry to see their full profile, the link takes me out of SL to the web based profile and not the in-world profile. This didn't happen before.

Has there been an update and I need to change my settings, somewhere? This viewer is the one with the new in-world profiles.

Thanks for any help.

The current release version is Release 6.6.3.574158 (64bit), and in that version clicking on the profile link in the search results is bringing up the new in-world profile.  

The version you are running looks like a release candidate version, so if you're experiencing something not working right, I would suggest filing a JIRA about it so that hopefully it can be resolved before that version is officially released.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Kadah Coba said:

Nothing in the release notes for 6.6.4.574724 stands out as a potential cause.

Looks like its fixed now. I updated from 6.6.3.574158 to 6.6.4.574885, which is what the installer for 6.6.4.574724 automatically updated to during install, and I cannot repo the issue.

I also updated to 6.6.4.574885 (64bit) and from in world search, the profile link is still sending me to mysecondlife.com and not to the in world profile.

As suggested by @MoiraKathleenI filed a JIRA.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.