See transparent yellow box for land (Firestorm)

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have forgotten where to turn on the setting in Firestorm so I can see land this way. It is a tranparent yelloe box that go under water and high in the sky. I know about how to see property lines on the default ground, but I want this too. And I know I can rez a large prim that follow the border, but I prefer this.

5ac4ab5a65834_innu1120_001.jpg.a0c46f4c24445f1ad6178fd2dda701d2.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks! New laptop and Firestorm installed on it the first time. 

I forgot how to turn on things like this. And I tried to find out, but I had no idea what it was named. 😆I think I asked for it in 2017, because I had this picture.

And now, when I edit things, Firestorm used to show me the root prim outlined in yellow. I can't find that setting either. 

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What I did was add it to Quick Preferences at the bottom of the FS viewer, so I don't have to hunt it down

The associated debug setting name is "FSRenderParcelSelectionToMaxBuildHeight".

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Firestorm used to show me the root prim outlined in yellow. I can't find that setting either. 

In the very same preferences tab tick the "Enable highlighting of selected prims". Debug setting is "RenderHighlightSelections" in this case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This ^^   

What I did was add it to Quick Preferences at the bottom of the FS viewer, so I don't have to hunt it down. I use it a lot!  

Okay, I turned that land setting on as I also find it very useful.  But I don't see how to add it to the Quick Preferences button; what am I missing?  TIA!

27 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Okay, I turned that land setting on as I also find it very useful.  But I don't see how to add it to the Quick Preferences button; what am I missing?  TIA!

From the wiki link in my comment (use the debug setting @panterapolnocygave above ("FSRenderParcelSelectionToMaxBuildHeight"):

It is possible to add or remove settings from the QuickPrefs window by clicking the wrench icon in the lower right corner. The window will change, and appear as shown to the right. This edit panel overlays the lower portion of the QuickPrefs window.

Adding Settings

• To add a new setting, click the + button. A new “blank” control is added to the QuickPrefs window. Now it needs to be associated with a setting.
  • Click on Choose and a long drop down list will appear; these are all the viewer debug settings; the list of Firestorm debug settings is given here for reference.
  • Select the setting you wish to add.
  • In the space to the left of the drop down, give the setting a name that you find meaningful, for what the setting does.
  • The Type field is automatically filled in based on the type of setting.
  • If the setting accepts only whole numbers, then click the Integer checkbox.
  • For some settings, you can alter the minimum, maximum and increment values; do not do this unless you know exactly what they represent.

Finished Making changes

When you have completed making changes, click the 'x' button in the lower edit panel. It is then best to relog to ensure that changes “stick'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

From the wiki link in my comment (use the debug setting @panterapolnocygave above ("FSRenderParcelSelectionToMaxBuildHeight"):

It is possible to add or remove settings from the QuickPrefs window by clicking the wrench icon in the lower right corner. The window will change, and appear as shown to the right. This edit panel overlays the lower portion of the QuickPrefs window.

Adding Settings

• To add a new setting, click the + button. A new “blank” control is added to the QuickPrefs window. Now it needs to be associated with a setting.
  • Click on Choose and a long drop down list will appear; these are all the viewer debug settings; the list of Firestorm debug settings is given here for reference.
  • Select the setting you wish to add.
  • In the space to the left of the drop down, give the setting a name that you find meaningful, for what the setting does.
  • The Type field is automatically filled in based on the type of setting.
  • If the setting accepts only whole numbers, then click the Integer checkbox.
  • For some settings, you can alter the minimum, maximum and increment values; do not do this unless you know exactly what they represent.

Finished Making changes

When you have completed making changes, click the 'x' button in the lower edit panel. It is then best to relog to ensure that changes “stick'.

Wow, thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much; I made a big screenshot of that and managed to follow directions with minimal confusion, LOL!

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Totally confused:  I replied to Sylvia's reply with a "thank you" but my reply is "hidden".  Did I hit some button by accident?

(And now it shows but I have no idea what I did...  sigh...)

These days, actually "thanking" people is highly sushpishush behavior!!1!1!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.