EVOX

Crazycajun Crazyboi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Crazycajun Crazyboi said:

I keep getting this on my face when i switch it from evo to evox https://gyazo.com/64df0764890698734a162224ac789f4f. Can someone help me? I have watched youtube and read forums any help would be apricated. I dont have on anything default at all i have checked it many times. I have the Skyler 3.1 head 

pix_003.png

You'll need a skin made specifically for EvoX.  Evo skin will only work in Evo mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Lelutka EvoX heads allow 2 different kinds of skin UV map. Click the [Evo] button on the HUD for Evolution skins (& also to some extent Genus & Catwa HDPRO skins). Click the [EvoX] button for EvoX skins.  In the picture you're using the wrong skin for whichever button you have activated.  Check your mesh head HUD for these buttons - top tab, top of the window.

This video explains everything you need to know about using a Lelutka EvoX head.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crazycajun Crazyboi said:

I keep getting this on my face when i switch it from evo to evox https://gyazo.com/64df0764890698734a162224ac789f4f. Can someone help me? I have watched youtube and read forums any help would be apricated. I dont have on anything default at all i have checked it many times. I have the Skyler 3.1 head 

pix_003.png

Evo and EvoX use two different UV maps. Evo uses the standard Second Life UV map. EvoX on the other hand uses a UV map specific to Lelutka, which is why the EvoX mode requires EvoX skins. Otherwise your face will look like a mess as in your picture (no offense meant). It also applies to add-ons like beards or face tattoos. As soon as you turn the EvoX mode on, you'll have to use add-ons made specifically for EvoX. Otherwise they won't show properly on your avatar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

Evo and EvoX use two different UV maps. Evo uses the standard Second Life UV map. EvoX on the other hand uses a UV map specific to Lelutka, which is why the EvoX mode requires EvoX skins. Otherwise your face will look like a mess as in your picture (no offense meant). It also applies to add-ons like beards or face tattoos. As soon as you turn the EvoX mode on, you'll have to use add-ons made specifically for EvoX. Otherwise they won't show properly on your avatar.

Hi, i have a question , i currently have lilly 2.5 head, if i update it to evox will my avi get messed up or will the skins automatically get an update, i am really confused :( and dont want my avi to to be messed up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmmaTyler1 said:

Hi, i have a question , i currently have lilly 2.5 head, if i update it to evox will my avi get messed up or will the skins automatically get an update, i am really confused :( and dont want my avi to to be messed up.

It might be a slightly different shape than a 3.1. If you’re wearing a 2.5 you probably have an Evo skin. In that case you just go to the hud and press the Evo button and your head will look right.

If you don’t like the 3.1 head, you can always go back to the 2.5 head.

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, EmmaTyler1 said:

It's perfectly safe to update your head. Save the older version if you're concerned. The updated heads can use either Evolution or EvoX skins & tattoo layers, but they don't use appliers except for makeup and eyes. The main part of the head is BOM only, so the updated heads can't use applier skins.

I still use Evolutions skins on my primary avatar & on my alts. Alycia & Evan are currently using EvoX, but I think I prefer my older skins on Evan.

Here's a good video on how to use Lelutka EvoX heads:

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.