How to fix a wiki article? (also: Are support ticket categories dumber than they used to be?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never felt comfortable trying to regain edit access to the wiki, after that was locked down years ago, but occasionally I've found things needing to be fixed. I think in the past I've always done that with a Support ticket rather than a jira, but now I can't figure out any relevant Support category and can't seem to find any catch-all options anywhere.

Because it seemed similar in spirit to a documentation error, I sloped around the Knowledge Base for how one would report errors, and couldn't find anything there, either.

It would be okay with me to edit the wiki myself at this point, just to get it done, but I can't figure out how I'd request such permission either: it, too, doesn't seem to fit any of the Support ticket categories.

(I could swear they've nerfed Support tickets; they didn't seem to be so lame in the past, but I try not to use them that frequently so my memory may be faulty.)

It's nothing urgent so it can wait until Monday and I can bug Concierge about it, but because it's not urgent it seems like the sort of thing to go into a low priority ticket queue rather than a synchronous live chat. (So maybe it should be a jira? But that seems even more wrong.)

In case anybody wonders what I'm rambling about: I was looking at the LDPW Projects wiki page, and noticed it was in "Category:LDPW" which also includes a page for the Virtual Railway Consortium, a group in which I have some interest. That page, however, includes an unfortunate link:

image.png.e83f8d8ed9c37d822158a023be8b31bb.png

If you go to that page, don't click that link, it uses an obsolete domain name that has since been colonized by spam. If I were editing that article I'd point that link to https://virtualrailwayconsortium.wordpress.com/ instead.

Backing up a level, I'm not sure Category:LDPW should really contain that VRC page, but I certainly don't have a problem with it. 

Finally, in the course of trying to figure out what to do, I discovered that at the bottom of wiki pages there's an "About Second Life Wiki" link to a page that's exceptionally obsolete.

Back when I requested edit access to the wiki, I just sent a support ticket under "Web Login Issues."

The response I got was this:

Thank you for your interest in helping us keep the Wikipedia page up to date. Please email letmein@lindenlab.com and request access to edit the wiki pages and someone will reply to you with additional details. If you have any additional questions or comments please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

The email I sent to that address was just me explaining that I'd like to edit the wiki, with a link to my userpage on the wiki. I don't think I ever got a response but I did get edit access.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.