Does makeup come with skin?

Mar Scarmon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK I finally bought a Lelutka mesh head to go with my Maitreya Lara body.  When I use my old classic avatar skin it just looks weird.  But I want some eye makeup and various makeup choices that don't seem to be included with the Lelutka head.  So I am guessing I now must buy new skin.  Does skin include eye makeup , lipstick, etc.?  Or do I need to buy that separate as well?  I am looking at Glam Affair skin.  Advice is appreciated.

Thank you

• Like 1

Skins generally do not come with makeup these days. However, Glam Affair does provide a little bit of makeup with their skins, in tattoo layers. I am just looking at one of the ones I bought from their store and it comes with eye makeups, blush, freckles, and lip toners, lips gloss, as well as different coloured brows.

Two things.  The new skins (the last year) seems to all be EVO X.  I am happy with my look but I can't use any of the "new" skins I see advertised as they are REALLY mapped differently LOL.  Same with make up.  So that means if folks want to continue  SHOPPING they need to get a head (not just Lelutka as other brands have joined the bandwagon and are mappy to match the new skins.  So IF you got a new Evo X head (from any maker) you will need corresponding skin.  Very few skins come with makeup now. Typically many to most skins come "naked" so far as makeup goes. Then you buy (yes again EVO X if that is your choice) skins that go with.   

In the REALLY OLD DAYS each skin was sold with its own makeup. There weren't makeup layers for the most part like today. And each skin was EXPENSIVE so picking one with the makeup you liked was important.   Just a bit of history.

You can turn your EVO X head to EVO mode, and use old skins.

It is a tab on the first HUD page. The one with a head symbol. Toggle between EVO and EVO X and see how it changes.

This does not mean your old skin will look perfect on it. The topography is different.

You use old makeup layers, those who say "Classic". Layers for heads with old UV does also work, like layers for Genus heads. Again, due to the head topography, mouth and eye corners, they may not look flawless.

HD makeup for both EVO and EVO X should work. But demo!

If you find out that the new head does not take the old skin well, even in EVO mode, you have to buy a new skin, and then you should go all in for EVO X. The good thing, is that EVO X skins are on sale in every Happy Weekend, Saturday sale, and other weekend sales. Many head skins for EVO X can even fit body skins without neck blends, if the skin tone is very close.

This post here shows two different brands of skins: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/489465-for-lelutka-kaya-head-recommends/?do=findComment&comment=2488162

You will soon fill up your inventory with new EVO X makeup. The weekend sales is really doing it for me. And 25 L Tuesday sale has also makeup sets almost every week.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your head HUD has HD makeup options that you can try (you have to remove them again with the HUD). And then some skins do come with a little bit of makeup. I want to say my Deetalez skins have come with a tintable lipstick and eyeliner that can be added.

Beyond that, if you have your head on the regular Evo setting, you can find inexpensive makeup on MP, and if you wear it on EvoX, keep an eye on the weekend sales. EvoX makeup is really popular and there's usually some to be had each weekend for under 100L.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1111001111 said:

You don't need to buy new skin just to get more makeup options. There are a ton of stores that sell makeup for mesh heads. 

Well, I did with Pink Fuel because the skin plus makeup was only L$150 - cheaper than a single lipstick in most cases.

Edited by Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.