Cool VL...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The fix for the heads is great! I've only noticed one thing that seems out of sorts in the new version, whether it's related or not, I don't know. The water is now more transparent than the "legacy" version, which allows me to see the edges of the land underwater no matter what setting is used in ALM. There are times when pretty water doesn't matter, but on those occasions when it does, seeing sim edges pop in under the horizon destroys the illusion of boundless seas.

I signed up for the CoolVL forums with a gmail email address but never received an account conformation email. I know the "How to register an account" thread said don't use hotmail but it didn't say anything about gmail so I'm not sure if I did something improperly? In case it's neccesary I attempted to sign up with the same username as I use here (minus the resident bit)

Edited by Jabadahut50

1 hour ago, Jabadahut50 said:

I signed up for the CoolVL forums with a gmail email address but never received an account conformation email. I know the ”How to register an account” thread said don't use hotmail but it didn't say anything about gmail so I'm not sure if I did something improperly? In case it's neccesary I attempted to sign up with the same username as I use here (minus the resident bit)

gmail, hotmail, yahoo & Co are all rejecting automated forum emails as ”spam”... Use a ”normal” (ISP based) email account, or right out a throw away email (if you do not care about risking forgetting your password), such as one made up via Guerrilla Mail or Temp Mail.

I activated your account manually.

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

gmail, hotmail, yahoo & Co are all rejecting automated forum emails as ”spam”... Use a ”normal” (ISP based) email account, or right out a throw away email (if you do not care about risking forgetting your password), such as one made up via Guerrilla Mail or Temp Mail.

I activated your account manually.

Ah I see. greatly appreciated for your time and efforts. Loving the viewer btw.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been going through all the Different viewers on my linux machine and of them all, Cool VL Viewer NEVER gives me a problem with my graphics...and even keeps my framerate acceptable. Seems the most popular "OFFICIAL" Third party viewers will give me a decent frame rate at first, take virtually forever to render, then go downhill from there (With the exception of singularity).

Edited by Bdobson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.