Can't login because

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My ancient 32 bit laptop struggles with sl anyway and like a fool on meeting someone who might actually be new because they were asking for linden , and deciding the best assistance i might offer is to create a half decent mesh av that vaguely fits their description for free so that i might guide them on how to do the same .

I then discovered I have lost pretty much everything in my inventory since my gaming laptop died and i've since downloaded and deleted just about every helpful virus on the internet while trying to speed up this dinosaur to no avail and i'm not sure anything from second life or firestorm was ever saved on it anyway .

Anyway i thought i'd start with a Ruth avatar because i could gift that to her for 1 linden even if i don't have an sl income .

I crashed because i tried the body on without giving any thought to all the huds that come with it , and since I crash at every login attempt too quickly to change outfit or remove the huds .

Any suggestions ?

Radegast is weird but it let me in and its seems much i thought lost is shown in my inventory in that viewer .

Not much luck as yet changing outfits but i got rid of the huds and still can't login via firestorm .

I have no idea why i'm at Nelsonia safe hub when i logged out at a sandbox though i'm thinking possibly i crashed but didn't logout so now i can't get in ?

And after 12 hours of going around in circles creating problems trying to fix problems it dawned on me that my firestorm viewer had somehow updated .

I can only guess one of the useless optimizer programs i downloaded to try did it . Uninstalled firestorm and downloaded an older version and i'm in .

Outfit gallery still says no items in this folder for every saved outfit though but i will mess with that after my 64bit win7 installation cd arrives tomorrow .

2 hours ago, cunomar said:

I have no idea why i'm at Nelsonia safe hub when i logged out at a sandbox though

The Radergast viewer didn't have your last log in saved as that purely a specific viewer function.  If you tried logging into last location, the viewer has no idea what that was on Firestorm.  The files are separate in your computer.  

If your inventory is still missing some folders, clear INVENTORY cache and relog into a quiet area and let inventory load fully.

12 hours ago, cunomar said:

Uninstalled firestorm and downloaded an older version and i'm in .

Outfit gallery still says no items in this folder for every saved outfit though but i will mess with that after my 64bit win7 installation cd arrives tomorrow .

Before you rush into Windows Installation, try updating Firestorm but to the 32-bit version, it will be easier on your laptop. In the preferences, make sure the option to compress textures is checked and restart.

Alternatively to Firestorm, try Alchemy Beta 32-bit.

Rowan's advice about logging into quiet regions to reload inventory is your saviour, try going to the bottom of the sea. Depending on your network and inventory size,m it could take up to twenty minutes for everything to get there.

Yes i cleared cache just as soon as i got back on and it was long overdue i guess .  Things are back to normal now so i only crash if i go near people lol .

It will be interesting to see how 64bit changes things when the cd arrives because it would seem im achieving the impossible by using sl with this wooden laptop .

I will let you know .

64 bit didn't happen the repair and reinstall disks bought on amazon just flooded my laptop with bloatware in Russian and trashed my computer .

Must say I'm impressed at Panasonic  customer service who replied to a missed call I made at about 7am having lost all track of time while dismantling to remove the cmos battery even if they did after trying very hard to find a solution regretfully inform me that only a new hard drive with preinstalled windows "might" resuscitate .

Took me another full day to work my way around that diagnoses and get myself back to square one with a slight improvement .

I've compressed textures in Firestorm preferences so thanks for that and i will likely give Alchemy a go if the crashing continues .

Dammit ,  Firestorm worked even if it wasn't great i even managed to have a little fun  in a low lag adult region .

Then someone gave me a 64bit Win7 Ulimate installation cd so i had to try it .

All good but no gaming allowed because update KB2999226 has been replaced with Edge which no doubt is designed to force me into Win 10 .

Gotta work out how to break my computer again now because trusting windows is like cutting your head off to cure a cold .

IMPORTANT NOTE!
Windows Edge web browser is causing problems for many… unknown reasons. Please download via a different browser like Chrome or Firefox.

Thats from from Firestorms download page .

Its how windows remains relevent , their motto is "we believe in freedom and choice but if you choose anything other than than what we want then we will tie you to a chair and slap you with a wet fish for however long it takes to have you change your mind"

32 minutes ago, cunomar said:

IMPORTANT NOTE!
Windows Edge web browser is causing problems for many… unknown reasons. Please download via a different browser like Chrome or Firefox.

Thats from from Firestorms download page .

Its how windows remains relevent , their motto is "we believe in freedom and choice but if you choose anything other than than what we want then we will tie you to a chair and slap you with a wet fish for however long it takes to have you change your mind"

Yes. Always use Chrome, not Edge, given a choice. Sorry that nobody said that earlier. It's like, use Google not Bing.

i use firefox just because i really don't see why everything i ever read needs to be remembered in duplicate if it has value it remains in my head and if it doesn't then it deserves to be forgotton , A.I is to stupid to work that out 😆

HaHa you couldn't make it upbut the problem is my computer has been locked out of internet explorer because i reinstalled windows after I.E expired and so i couldn't downgrade to Edge even if i wanted to because I.E cannot connect to the internet . 

I seriously hope the same happens to millions of people who just buy an ipad instead . Perhaps it should be a requirement to work with microsoft windows that the employee has "DUNCE" tattood on their forehead  so they can be easily vilified wherever they go .

Its been fun trying to fix the problem though , bit like having your hands tied behind your back then blindfolded and asked to munch through a ton of manure until you find the lost needle .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cunomar said:

HaHa you couldn't make it upbut the problem is my computer has been locked out of internet explorer because i reinstalled windows after I.E expired and so i couldn't downgrade to Edge even if i wanted to because I.E cannot connect to the internet . 

I seriously hope the same happens to millions of people who just buy an ipad instead . Perhaps it should be a requirement to work with microsoft windows that the employee has "DUNCE" tattood on their forehead  so they can be easily vilified wherever they go .

Its been fun trying to fix the problem though , bit like having your hands tied behind your back then blindfolded and asked to munch through a ton of manure until you find the lost needle .

There ya go, another reason to use Chrome browser!

I managed to install  ie11 when i found ie8 in my computer which brought with it 170 windows updates but still couldn't login to firestorm , then i remembered my laptop doesn't like the newest version so i installed an older 64bit firestorm and hey presto . Laggy as hell but but i got molested 3 times without crashing at all yesterday .

Edited by cunomar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.