Fees are too high!(?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Where "internet experts" are concerned, to a large extent it's a matter of considering what they are claiming expertise at. I'm an old fart, I've been on this planet well over half a century and in that time I've gained experience in many things I wouldn't dream of calling myself an expert at! I've experience as a farm hand, that doesn't make me a farmer. I've learned from masters and become a pretty decent practical blacksmith but never apprenticed to one and gained journeyman's rank in that ancient and respected trade... the list goes on. Passing on some of that experience without claiming to be some sort of expert is a good thing, I think, and the internet does make that easier.

In two areas in particular I can claim a level of expertise, computer tech and bioscience. However, it's no skin off my nose if somebody chooses to disregard that and goes on to gain their own experience the hard way. I may have demonstrable and verifiable expertise in those areas, but still wouldn't call myself "an expert" - that's a title bestowed by others, anyone claiming it for themselves probably isn't one.

The more I learn about everything, the less I feel like an expert in anything. 

• Like 5

On 6/13/2022 at 3:00 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

IBTL cat pictures it is.

sdVGTvh.png

Look mommy, I found a blockchain, that fixes everything !

Sadly, and given the model of the PC (IDE drives !), the cute kitties have already exhausted their nine lives and are in cat paradise now... And blockchain did not exist back at that PC's release date (that PC would even have had immense difficulties to deal with a blockchain).

Luckily for the kitties, they did not have to face the Nefatrious Fake Trading hype ! 😝

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

5 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Sadly, and given the model of the PC (IDE drives !), the cute kitties have already exhausted their nine lives and are in cat paradise now... And blockchain did not exist back at that PC's release date (that PC would even have had immense difficulties to deal with a blockchain).

Luckily for the kitties, they did not have to face the Nefatrious Fake Trading hype ! 😝

Don't be sad, cat's get 9 respawns!

Unlike that rubber jacketed seagate .. omg every single one of those failed.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.