Is the Beta Test Grid Down?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Paulsian changed the title to Is the Beta Test Grid Down?
17 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I took the leap of faith and installed the firestorm viewer because I require a feature they offer which required the beta test grid. 

Here's my concern. 

I log in fine go to advanced enable grids on log in page fine. I log out and the firestorm viewer puts my name @ second life automatically. I told it to save my log in not password which was fine but my log in after exiting the initial time is not paulsian @ second life it's paulsian. I did not even think about it when i went to log in the test grid i left the @ second life after my name and what do you know my log in failed. 

Why does firestorm change the log in name upon exit. 

I'm changing my password after I do what I need to do with firestorm but this is my first impression..

questionable .jpg

As long as I can remember that has been the way FS works.   You have a DIFFERENT login for Aditi than you do for Agni.  And if you are using the OpenSim viewer you would have different logins for each grid you access in OS.  They do not an have never used the same logins.  Different grid, different login just like different avatar - different logiin.

And I can log into the beta grid just fine so that isn't isn't a FS issue.

I made a screenshot showing this but graphics aren't working today in the forums. I am going to try and link to it and will put that link in "soon".   Looks like that will work ^^. Will see. 

login.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

As long as I can remember that has been the way FS works.   You have a DIFFERENT login for Aditi than you do for Agni.  And if you are using the OpenSim viewer you would have different logins for each grid you access in OS.  They do not an have never used the same logins.  Different grid, different login just like different avatar - different logiin.

And I can log into the beta grid just fine so that isn't isn't a FS issue.

I made a screenshot showing this but graphics aren't working today in the forums. I am going to try and link to it and will put that link in "soon".   Looks like that will work ^^. Will see. 

login.jpg

oh thanks looked suspicious to me especially when I could not log in to the test grid which I can not even on the official viewer and did have access to it? 

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I can log into the beta grid just fine so that isn't isn't a FS issue.

thanks dang it wonder why mines not working I logged in back in January I keep getting this and I turned computer off and back on, maybe i should unplug it and hold the power button down for 15 seconds lol. 

test grid login failed.jpg

Edited by Paulsian

You will need to contact support, not talk to the bot (most don't seem to know much anyway).  

Have you tried logging into a different area? OR "home"? (which just drops you someplace -- or used to anyway.

The beta grid IS down fairly often, but trying a few times over some days should let you know. 

Sandbox 2 is definitely working.  In your screenshot you haven't filled in any password -- unless you deleted it for the screenshot but it only shows up as "stars" anyway.   Good luck. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, animats said:

Me too. Landed at Animesh Adult, which is totally empty except for a big gift box where you can get the animesh dinosaur demo.

thanks i usually rez around the morris area in test grid. i tried home and last location still no go maybe next weekend ill be able to complete some objectives 😎

Edited by Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.