Deploys for the week of 2022-05-23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server

This week we put out version 2022-05-06.571613 to the Second Life Server channel. This version includes the return of offline friendship and group offers.

Second Life RC

This week all RC channels received version 2022-05-20.571998. This version includes a speculative fix for objects failing to appear at login or moving/teleporting between regions, as well as multiple logging fixes and enhancements for the simulator, a fix for some circumstances when the "seed capability" used to fetch other viewer capabilities would fail to be granted, a mouseover text-only change to the LSL constant TP_ROUTING_FREE to reflect what its actual value is, and a substantial improvement to the speed with which regions save periodically and on shutdown.

• Thanks 4

On 5/26/2022 at 6:01 PM, Mazidox Linden said:

Second Life RC

This week all RC channels received version 2022-05-20.571998. This version includes a speculative fix for objects failing to appear at login or moving/teleporting between regions,

@Mazidox Lindeni was getting a lot of objects partially appearing after a TP unless i I right-clicked them or zoomed all the way out and back in - when the missing textures would suddenly appear. If that is what the "speculative fix" is for, it seems to be working! My home (which is on an RC) now fully appears when I TP back, and on other RC regions I visit which also this issue, things now fully appear. :)

• Like 1

Time for this week's guesswork.  I'll find out when we roll I suppose.

ETA: it seems that all Main Server is getting 2022-05-20.571998 and if the general experience is anything like mine on Woods of Heaven, it seems to work well.

The Release Notes are STILL not available to the general populace.

Edited by Aishagain
updated info

Still no Deploy information.

This is disappointing and quite honestly a little worrying.  LL must have a reason for not giving out the information post-roll about this week's deploys, if it is just arbitrary laziness that's bad, if it is because they are concerned about potential exploits, that's worse.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.