Jump to content

Making part of your sim private so that no one can see/hear you inside?


Recommended Posts

I have seen in sandboxes there are areas (changing rooms) where your av cannot be seen and maybe not heard inside?The lines around the changing rooms turn red when someone is inside and it just looks empty.How does one do this? I'd like a section of my sim open to public and a section just for me and friends where no one can cam inside..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

I have seen in sandboxes there are areas (changing rooms) where your av cannot be seen and maybe not heard inside?The lines around the changing rooms turn red when someone is inside and it just looks empty.How does one do this? I'd like a section of my sim open to public and a section just for me and friends where no one can cam inside..

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Joining_and_subdividing_land

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You could subdivide the land into two parts, and set the part that you want to be private to have the "avatars can see and chat with...." option in the Land box unchecked. 

Yay, I think that's what I was looking for. Thank you! I'll try it

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

You might also take measures to prevent peepers from camming you from above… for example an orb.

There is such a thing? You mean a security orb?Cause I can cam in shopping a really long distance, is that the same?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

There is such a thing? You mean a security orb?Cause I can cam in shopping a really long distance, is that the same?

Yes, it is the same. Unchecking the "avatars can see and chat with...." option in the Land box makes you invisible to avatars OUTSIDE your parcel, but not in the same parcel at altitude. Also, banlines only go up so far, so a peeper can be in your parcel at high altitude and cam down on you. A properly configured orb can deal with this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, diamond Marchant said:

 Also, banlines only go up so far, so a peeper can be in your parcel at high altitude and cam down on you. A properly configured orb can deal with this.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you!! Makes sense..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2022 at 2:10 PM, diamond Marchant said:

Also, banlines only go up so far, so a peeper can be in your parcel at high altitude and cam down on you.

This only is true for a limited range above the ban lines, somewhere around 300m, IF you add one person to the parcel ban list.  Empty ban list allows visibility at any height above the land level.  But an orb will stop anyone if set for the full sub parcel, after the eject time limit, and make the ban lines redundant (and ugly).

Edited by Jaylinbridges
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2022 at 10:29 PM, diamond Marchant said:

You might also take measures to prevent peepers from camming you from above… for example an orb.

Hahaha! Is that really a big problem in SL? hahhahah some of you... lol

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...