Making part of your sim private so that no one can see/hear you inside?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have seen in sandboxes there are areas (changing rooms) where your av cannot be seen and maybe not heard inside?The lines around the changing rooms turn red when someone is inside and it just looks empty.How does one do this? I'd like a section of my sim open to public and a section just for me and friends where no one can cam inside..

2 hours ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

I have seen in sandboxes there are areas (changing rooms) where your av cannot be seen and maybe not heard inside?The lines around the changing rooms turn red when someone is inside and it just looks empty.How does one do this? I'd like a section of my sim open to public and a section just for me and friends where no one can cam inside..

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Joining_and_subdividing_land

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You could subdivide the land into two parts, and set the part that you want to be private to have the "avatars can see and chat with...." option in the Land box unchecked. 

Yay, I think that's what I was looking for. Thank you! I'll try it

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

There is such a thing? You mean a security orb?Cause I can cam in shopping a really long distance, is that the same?

Yes, it is the same. Unchecking the "avatars can see and chat with...." option in the Land box makes you invisible to avatars OUTSIDE your parcel, but not in the same parcel at altitude. Also, banlines only go up so far, so a peeper can be in your parcel at high altitude and cam down on you. A properly configured orb can deal with this.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 2:10 PM, diamond Marchant said:

Also, banlines only go up so far, so a peeper can be in your parcel at high altitude and cam down on you.

This only is true for a limited range above the ban lines, somewhere around 300m, IF you add one person to the parcel ban list.  Empty ban list allows visibility at any height above the land level.  But an orb will stop anyone if set for the full sub parcel, after the eject time limit, and make the ban lines redundant (and ugly).

Edited by Jaylinbridges

On 5/23/2022 at 10:29 PM, diamond Marchant said:

You might also take measures to prevent peepers from camming you from above… for example an orb.

Hahaha! Is that really a big problem in SL? hahhahah some of you... lol

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.