Any Options Or Workaround To Deal With Ban/Eject Bots?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:11 AM, Eowyn Southmoor said:

With practise, you wont have many issues spotting semi-safe route over land.

There is a maze of 5 sec and less orbs on occupied mainland.  You cannot turn just any aircraft quickly enough to wind your way thru the orb free maze.  Anything faster or larger than a traffic helicopter is really difficult to navigate.  You are talking about navigating a maze from the air, which is not what I call exploring.  

I agree flying below 300 meters is the best way to actually see what you are flying over.  So why does the Bellisseria Linden made orbs want you to fly above 400 meters?

From the Belli Covenant:

" *Security devices are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are allowed)"

Why does the Indianapolis Speedway track not have random 2 foot deep potholes, for the Indy 500 races?  I'm sure the drivers would appreciate the challenge, those that survived the 200 mph crashes, and the crowd would love it!

Edited by Jaylinbridges

5 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Why does the Indianapolis Speedway track not have random 2 foot deep potholes, for the Indy 500 races?  I'm sure the drivers would appreciate the challenge, those that survived the 200 mph crashes, and the crowd would love it!

those "potholes" are what our indygov call "features" lol!  yes I'm sitting in indy, yes these potholes could eat a bus.

I once went exploring from the Aquarium in Bay City and headed East

I had been exploring for an hour without problems. The moment I left Bay City and hit the mainland, it became a maze of ban lines and no obvious walking path. I found myself circumnavigating a giant ugly 2D texture 'privacy wall'.

I made a wrong turn at some point and got teleported home. It was the first un-managed mainland sim I had crossed into too - Not even two sims in!

I personally see the old unmanaged mainlands as a bit of a failed experiment to be honest. LL asked the question - "what would happen if we just made land development a free-for-all with no rules or standards?" and the answer of course is an unmitigated mess with no consistency or standards.

There might be some people who love the mainland in its current form, but I'm afraid I'm not one of them. That's not to say that I think that mainland development should be top-down - On the contrary I recognise that things are usually better from organic growth. But rather I think that there should be some basic rules and standards that should be abided by so that there is some standard of enjoyment for all, and I hope future mainland developments will have some more standards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.