Help me understand why I was suddenly called a Cheating in the Linden Realms.

xSAndrex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My account was blocked for 7 days. I could not enter the second life. I received a letter about this. it says about the appeal. how can i prove that i am not using HUD for acceleration or flying. I run and jump just normal traffic is allowed in SL and LR. Didn't use cheat. I don't use speed hud or flight. I know the Linden Realms rules. why is my avatar bad for LR?

11 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

я не знаю эту аватарку

интересно, двигает ли Cat Anim/Camera Enhancer ваш аватар быстрее, чем стандартная скорость аватара, или может прыгать выше, чем стандартный прыжок

This camera only captures the camera view from the back of the avatar. it does not speed up movement or jump. But just in case, I took it off today.
I would like to know what did I do wrong? In the letter from LL there is no indication of the alleged violation, only the general phrase is cheating.

1 minute ago, xSAndrex said:

This camera only captures the camera view from the back of the avatar. it does not speed up movement or jump. But just in case, I took it off today.
I would like to know what did I do wrong? In the letter from LL there is no indication of the alleged violation, only the general phrase is cheating.

i haven't played Linden Realms in ages.  When I used to play then Linden frowned on 'speeding' and 'blocking'. Blocking is where a person stands in such a position on the arena to prevent higher value crystals from rezzing, waiting for all other players to leave the area then moving, which unblocks the crystals and they will rez

am not saying you are doing any of these deliberately. But sometimes we kinda don't know that we don't know, or we just forget. Like for example my Oracul AO has a built-in jump enhancer. I can jump about twice as high and long as a standard avatar. And sometimes when I used to play I would forget to turn off the jump enhancer, which would get me into trouble . 

• Like 3

@xSAndrexif you're by any chance located in Europe or have a poor network connection in US - that may be the reason. I've been trying to play the dinosaur thing in the Realms few times and got booted to the entrance several times due to "cheating" just after trying to run around in order to avoid obstacles, jump or even sit down on the ground - I wear no HUDs myself, avatar scripts are minimal - under 10 - and none of them interfere with movement. Needles to say: I gave up on visiting the place. I'd suggest you create a support ticket and politely ask for the reason or just wait these 7 days.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Linden Realms and Paleoquest used to be full of false positives.  Their cheating detectors simply don't work when you are doing normal game play.  Paleoquest seems to have gotten better -  but's it is still a joke.  Normal jumping and running can trigger their detectors, usually when there are other avatars around you.  I have never worn any kind of HUD in Paleoquest, but jump a little too high with a standard avatar and they accuse you of either "flying or not moving".  They can't tell the difference, and jumping is part of the game and not flying or cheating.  If I am jumping or running, I can't be stationary either.  The same detector basically says, we don't know if you are moving or not, so we will just send you back to the start.  

In Linden Realms I can measure my speed, and it is exactly either SL default walk speed or run speed, since the avatar is just a deformed system avatar.  No HUDs.  At one time they tried to call jumping, part of the game, cheating.  At least with my avatar, they haven't done that for a couple years.  However you can jump twice as high as normal if you hit one of their invisible physical boxes when jumping up a cliff. This is on the normal marked path for the game,  You can't get to the next quest without jumping.  They no longer detect this as cheating, because it is normal SL default Forward Arrow + Page Up jump, where you hit two physical boxes closely in time, before gravity causes you to fall back.  And it is impossible to control the jump height at some spots.  At one spot I can do a normal jump, and go 3 times the normal height before I fall back down, about every 10 jumps - random.  Jumping above a tree height on the top of a cliff is a complete waste of time. 

I have not found any "flying" detectors operating in the Realms.  More likely some observer saw you jump too high (normal because of the build) and filed an AR w/ a photo.  Governance will never tell you why, where or when you were banned in the game. Which of course makes it impossible to appeal.  

• Like 3

On 5/5/2022 at 9:23 AM, Jaylinbridges said:

The Linden Realms and Paleoquest used to be full of false positives.  Their cheating detectors simply don't work when you are doing normal game play.  Paleoquest seems to have gotten better -  but's it is still a joke.  Normal jumping and running can trigger their detectors, usually when there are other avatars around you.  I have never worn any kind of HUD in Paleoquest, but jump a little too high with a standard avatar and they accuse you of either "flying or not moving".  They can't tell the difference, and jumping is part of the game and not flying or cheating.  If I am jumping or running, I can't be stationary either.  The same detector basically says, we don't know if you are moving or not, so we will just send you back to the start.  

In Linden Realms I can measure my speed, and it is exactly either SL default walk speed or run speed, since the avatar is just a deformed system avatar.  No HUDs.  At one time they tried to call jumping, part of the game, cheating.  At least with my avatar, they haven't done that for a couple years.  However you can jump twice as high as normal if you hit one of their invisible physical boxes when jumping up a cliff. This is on the normal marked path for the game,  You can't get to the next quest without jumping.  They no longer detect this as cheating, because it is normal SL default Forward Arrow + Page Up jump, where you hit two physical boxes closely in time, before gravity causes you to fall back.  And it is impossible to control the jump height at some spots.  At one spot I can do a normal jump, and go 3 times the normal height before I fall back down, about every 10 jumps - random.  Jumping above a tree height on the top of a cliff is a complete waste of time. 

I have not found any "flying" detectors operating in the Realms.  More likely some observer saw you jump too high (normal because of the build) and filed an AR w/ a photo.  Governance will never tell you why, where or when you were banned in the game. Which of course makes it impossible to appeal.  

Thanks for the very detailed description of possible unintentional jumping situations and other game actions in the Linden Realms game. I also noticed that the avatar suddenly and uncontrollably can jump incredibly high, fall into pits, hang in textures. Or suddenly your avi hangs in the air - and you see that you can't stop your avatar when it starts to go unchecked - passing through the entire mountain range of the valley and the water, and then the inscription pops up on the screen - that's how you were disconnected. You come in again, and you try to do the quest and it happens many times. Frequently, a missing Hud or another hud appears and y have two huds. Passed crystals are not taken into account, or they are not active. Monsters suddenly appear or disappear.
I'm sure I didn't make any  cheat. It is very offense that you have ban in a sl for 7 days for nothing.
If your opponent in the game has written a false accusation against you that no one can or will not want to verify and immediately ban.
If I was photographed jumping - allegedly in flight - and I don't have the equipment to fly or run above the standard, that's not fair. It is not possible to file an appeal if you are in the ban, and what to appeal if you did not cheat it?

• Like 1

it's worth trying an appeal, whether it works is another thing,

go to tthe support section on the SL webpage and log in.

account issue, abuse appeal, enter your avi name.  Then you can enter the details of what you allege happened.

but, it's worth pointing out that when Governance look at it, they *can* see any attachments that your avi was using/wearing at the time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.