Eternal noob notices route from Bay City to Satori :)

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

GOH is a wonderful way to explore Belli.  Today I got the most northern Houseboat I've ever had, on the atoll in Floaton that is physically connected to the Norse Auk lighthouse.  It is a nicer area than I thought it would be, with a little campfire area just opposite the Boat.  Anyway, as usual I began idly clicking around above Patch's atomic regions on Sansara, looking for a protected and/or abandoned corridor that would lead to Sansara's inland waterways, but didn't find one. I never have. I've always viewed this as a shame, thinking I couldn't explore Sansara from Belli without teleporting.  But NOT SO!  I think that if you have a good amphibian vehicle, you can drive it from Bay City to Satori. 

I am a real mainland noob, so never before noticed the Gateway International Airport (with Axel Harbor), belonging to @Lethra.  This huge GTFO build takes up most of Axel and Meighen and extends into Cochran and Black, and nearly all of it has build on with 60 minutes autoreturn.   Like most of SL's airports, it is meant for everyone to use.  The northern edge of the Airport connects to Sansara's extensive road network, and residents have provided a couple of water rez zones onto the internal lake there, right nearby.  I think this is an IMMENSE contribution to the interconnection of continents, and I can't believe I never realized it exists.  The Airport joins LL's road network right about where the fuschia circle is in the pic below.

Once on the road network, I believe you can take it well above the Snowlands all the way to the rez zone at the end of the road in Noyo.  Once you're there, you can go via water (which is what the pods that run through that area do) all the way up through Cowell to the Abbots Airfield Historical Build, and then continue via water to Bay City!!  Once in Bay City, I believe you could even go up through Shermerville (or around it) to Heterocera.

2141864015_ExploreSansara_road_mm3.png.15393e5b9c55dadc0cf76a36de56b9d6.png

Here's the Gateway International build.  You can boat from Belli right up to the harbor in Axel where the fuschia circle is, call the elevator that takes you up to the airport level, rez your car and travel north to all of Sansara!  I'm sure this is an old build, but there are animesh guards here & there, so it IS maintained.  I even met actual avatar security guards patrolling, who interacted in a friendly way.

1770298362_ExploreGatewaySite_002.thumb.jpg.dfc8595eb4fb6726d670d4088991db32.jpg

When you exit the airport onto the Linden Road, if you go right (north) you can find water rez zones nearby, one down a dirt road at Pixel Place, and the other a clearly marked rez platform right next to the road with a stairway down to the water, belonging to Tegg Bode.  He kindly supplies a freebie box of ancient vehicles as well.  

284546226_Explore-pixelplace.JPG.dc92479f3cca5e4295cab7131ef872f2.JPG

If you decide to retrace your route all the way back to Belli, no worries, there are billboards clearly marking entrances to the Gateway airport from the Linden Road.  I like the one through the rest stop in Meighen, where the little township of Wulfzburg also seems to be.  There is signage in the airport; if you drive to Axel Harbor, you will have a lot of fun on the airport's swooping road system.  But if you want to go straight through, take the road going to "New Ellesmere City".  At the south edge, you can just drive over the curb into Palladium.  Be careful, though, because there are no rez zones in those empty regions!  (I've never understood why there isn't a water & land rez zone in Iridium, but who am I to say.)

660390946_ExploreGatewayIntlEntranceMeighen_001.thumb.jpg.d84ee489a30ecb2b89763d143fcfa6dc.jpg

I haven't tried this whole trip yet, but I have scouted what seem to be the critical intersections and it all seems feasible.  I think all of this has probably been in place for a LONG time.  a few months!  Have any of you tried the whole route, Bay City to Satori via Belli?

Edited by Nika Talaj
it's all new!
  • Like 12

I haven't tried to navigate this whole route, but I did explore Satori & make a collection of points of interest on a notecard. One of my favorite's is the Mystery Spot. It's a quaint roadside tourist trap where you can have your picture taken with Bigfoot, then grab a slushie and a souvenir.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Once in Bay City, I believe you could even go up through Shermerville (or around it) to Heterocera.

I'd recommend taking Route 66 east from Bay City into Barcola, then going north to travel across the magnificent bridge between Barcola and Shermerville. You can drive your amphibious vehicle north through Shermerville into the Gulf of Lauren, east through the water passing just north of the Color Sims (there are some cool old Mole builds along the way there), and then north toward the Atoll from there. I love that bridge, and it has an awesome sunset view!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Gateway Airport is actually new (only a few months old).  There was an airport there previously, but it didn't have the extra little Harbour part in Axel region. 

Oh, thank you for this!  I really thought I must have been blind - I've looked for an easy way to Sansara's interior from Belli SO many times.

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'd recommend taking Route 66 east ...

AHA!  This is why I wanted to post this route before taking it, I KNEW there had to be improvements :)

As for the portion through Belli, there are a million ways to do it.  But this trek is long, so I'll post a route later in the thread that will suggest some nice places (with rez zones!) to take a break.  So you could spread the whole route, Sansara -> Satori, over several sessions.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Oh, thank you for this!  I really thought I must have been blind - I've looked for an easy way to Sansara's interior from Belli SO many times.

AHA!  This is why I wanted to post this route before taking it, I KNEW there had to be improvements :)

As for the portion through Belli, there are a million ways to do it.  But this trek is long, so I'll post a route later in the thread that will suggest some nice places (with rez zones!) to take a break.  So you could spread the whole route, Sansara -> Satori, over several sessions.

I know my way around Mainland, but there is much of Belli I haven't seen. Looking forward to your tour recommendations!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.