Help with buggy script

Evil Stacy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's pretty clear this thread doesn't belong in the LSL Scripting forum but it's less clear where it does belong, unless the OP is looking to pay for help in which case it goes in the Employment forum. If they're just hoping somebody will take a look at a script for free—honestly, I might be tempted, but only on the understanding that I'll never make any representation whatsoever as to non-disclosure.

Still, this isn't the right place to solicit such assistance. I guess volunteering is a kind of "employment" maybe?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We promise to be nice, if you post it here, nobody will judge you just because the script is buggy!

In fact, that's the purpose of this forum. It's a place for LSL scripters to trade ideas and wish lists, show off clever solutions to vexing problems, and moan about things that they are finding troublesome in their own scripts. We don't usually post entire scripts for each other, but we frequently post snippets where we sense a problem or where we want to illustrate a potential solution to one.  So, if you have a problem with a script that you are writing, try to isolate the problem.  Post the part of the script where it seems to occur, and then ask a specific question ("This variable seems to always end up having the wrong value. I think it's something in this part of the script, but I can't see it. Here's what I tried already...") . We won't rewrite a script for you, but sometimes an extra dozen pairs of eyes can see whatever you've missed so far.

Of course, if it really will take a lot of rewriting, Qie is right: you probably need to consider posting in the InWorld Employment forum to hire somebody to do the work.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i would suggest to place the OP (as wrote) in Wanted.

No, not Wanted.  That's where you post to find something that you want to buy.  If you want to pay someone to do work for you, you post in InWorld Employment.  Look at the heading for the forum:

Wanted

Are you searching for something you just can't find? Post it here!

Inworld Employment

Get an inworld job or hire a Resident.

Edited by Rolig Loon

sometimes people don't want to (or can't) pay, in which case is best to not post in Inworld Employment and say that the pay is 0

also sometimes people post in Wanted that they are putting a project team together, listing the skills wanted for the team. In OP's case then (as wrote) they wanting a team of two. Them and a scripter to work on what appears to be a single script project

some people are quite happy to work for free, when the project is interesting for them

me personally I only work on open source projects, but I am not everybody. Others only work on projects for pay.  I am ok with this also, as I don't subscribe to the view that all your stuffs wants to be free, even if I am happy for my stuffs to be free in some circumstances. Your stuff is not my stuff. Is your stuff to do with as you like, and I am good with that

at times I end up in conversations with people like teachers and employees of charities and social services providers who want me to work on stuff for them for free. In the think of the children way.  And I say to them, if you believe that all computery people's stuffs wants to be free then I think that all your employee salary wants to be free as well, and can give the computery person some of your salary, or a piece of your seminar speaking fees or book sales. Which quite often ends the conversation

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.