Batman East End - A Second Life Film Series

MacGuyver Mode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'll be happy to try watching it again if you can enable the Closed Captioning on it. Looks pretty good from what I saw, just couldn't make out all the words due to hearing loss which kind of kills it for me.

With CC enabled I'll look forward to more episodes.

Oh, and I swear, there's a meme for everything.

tomatoes-tomatoes-everywhere.jpg

😉🤭

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MacGuyver Mode said:

Hello all, first post here in the forums. I’ll be filming a new series in Second Life, featuring characters from the DC Comics universe, and wanted to share it with the community. I hope you all enjoy it 🤗

YouTube link to episode 1 :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdjs9fFsE5o&t=5s

"featuring characters that might look like they are from the DC Comics"   would be a better way of saying that, unless you have a license to use DCU materials and Characters.  :)

• Like 2

Tnx for that quick feedback. I’m trying to look into a Closed Caption option on YouTube, it seems like they disabled that feature in 2021 unfortunately, and i do save the episodes without subtitling it myself... hmmm. If anyone knows if there’s a way for me to still turn it on in YouTube settings, please let me know, as I’m having difficulty finding that.

( and yes, these characters “Kinda... sorta... maybe a teeny bit... look like characters from the DC universe 😅 )

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MacGuyver Mode said:

Tnx for that quick feedback. I’m trying to look into a Closed Caption option on YouTube, it seems like they disabled that feature in 2021 unfortunately, and i do save the episodes without subtitling it myself... hmmm. If anyone knows if there’s a way for me to still turn it on in YouTube settings, please let me know, as I’m having difficulty finding that.

( and yes, these characters “Kinda... sorta... maybe a teeny bit... look like characters from the DC universe 😅 )

CC hasn't been disabled on YT. I use it all the time.

image.png.16977a27d9dbff2d3d5d48315aac48e0.png

has closed captioning on youtube been disabled Google search

This was posted last month: How to Enable (or Disable) Closed Captions on YouTube

Edit: Ran across this while I was looking/reading: YouTube pulled community captions, so more creators are making their own - The Verge 

YouTube added the ability to add captions in the “upload flow” earlier this month. In the past, the social media site failed to promote its captioning features well.

Might be worth reading. It's from May of last year.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

I watched it and it's pretty cool :)
I'm not a batman fan and I've never seen any of the movies but it kept me engaged.
I did permanent CC for a YT "tribute" dance vid in 2013 which I never got to finish, (yet)
I did them in adobe flash which recently went bang unfortunately. lol
A shame because they turned out really good.
I wish LL would promote machinima more, its one of the most enjoyable and under rated things about SL metinx.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63786008@N05/10756763635/in/dateposted/

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:17 PM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

"featuring characters that might look like they are from the DC Comics"   would be a better way of saying that, unless you have a license to use DCU materials and Characters.  :)

Nice work! I don't want to be a downer, because hats off to you for making a SL movie...but bigmoe makes a good point. Using the bat symbol at the beginning and batman name as part of your creative work, I think you might be leaving yourself open to getting this taken down due to copyright and/or trademark infringement. (LL might have a problem with it too). Just a heads up:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia

I appreciate the heads up 🤗. Yeah this is just one of many fan created Batman projects out there done for fun without profit, but if I ever need to put it on a separate website, I’ll go that route if it gets removed. For now, I will finish the series and we’ll as other fan projects 🙃

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:11 PM, MacGuyver Mode said:

Yeah I read that article to, I was looking all over for that CC button to enable auto closed captioning for you.. : ( 

Love your videos! Awesome work!  I just spent like an hour watching videos on how to add captions. Still not sure how to auto enable them. I did learn how to manually add them. I tried that on one of my videos and after 15 minutes and having only done 45 second of my video I was over that lol. Just deleted what I had done so far.  So time consuming and tedious. 

I did notice I was not selecting a language for my videos when I uploaded so I added that hoping that would auto caption. So far nope did nothing. I know in the past my videos had auto generated captions but that seems to no longer happen. I know a lot of people made joke videos based on bad auto captioning and maybe that's why they removed it. There are paid places make the caption file for you, bunch of youtube tutorials suggested those. 

I'm hoping by putting in a language it will auto add captions eventually. I thinking probably won't now. It's been an hour and still no CC available. The new thing seems to be making you do it manually so they won't be made fun of. Watching all those tutorials was not a total loss I learned how to do end screen links!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DJAlanRocks said:

VERY well done, great atmosphere and lighting! Where did you film this? Is Gotham in SL or is this your land?

Thank you! 

Yes it’s filmed in Second Life, I’ve put the credits for the sim at the end , “The East End”. It’s got marvelous environment settings set up for you. I suggest use of face lights in it 

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.