Pop ups from free items

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, MissChiefs420 said:

Ok so I added some free items and went to unpack them and these squares of the free items popped up on the screen and won’t go away

is as Rowan says. With the LInden Viewer use your mouse to right-click on the item and choose 'Detach item' from the menu

Edited by Mollymews
typd

it sounds to me like the "pop up" is the box from which you unpack the clothes/whatever. They often attach to the "hud" (on your screen rather than on your avatar). Sometimes they unpack automatically and put a folder in your inventory where the clothes are. Sometimes you have to click them. Sometimes there will be a little popup with buttons asking if you want to accept the item. Say "yes" or "accept" - and that popup will disappear.

Once you've checked that you have a new folder in your inventory - it will be at the bottom - then right-click the hud on your screen and select "detach" from the menu.  Now you can go into the new folder in your inventory and choose what you want to wear. Right click on the thing you want and choose "add" not "wear". If you choose "wear" then other things you're already wearing can become detached.

Be careful about deleting them, they are probably the boxes that actually contain the free items.

Opening boxes used to be straightforward, but nowadays lots of merchants have confused things by trying to make it easier.

Basic method:

• Drag the box from your inventory and drop it onto the ground or floor.
  • Right click it and choose Open.
  • Select the items in the Contents window that appears and drag them back into your inventory. (You can also click the Copy to Inventory button at the bottom of this window, but I don't like this method, as the system decides where to put the contents. I'd rather do it myself.)

With some boxes, once you have dragged and dropped the box onto the floor, it will automatically send you a folder of its contents.

Some boxes want you to Add them instead of dropping them on the floor. When you do this, they will either:

• Appear as a shopping bag on your hand, and then offer you a folder of their contents, or
  • Appear as a HUD on your screen. They may either offer you a folder of their contents, or wait for you to click them to send the items.

No matter what sort of box your items come in, once you have extracted the contents to your inventory, you can either detach the box, or Take the box in the case of the ones on the floor. You can Delete the box, although in the case of copyable items you may choose to keep it, so you have a spare if you lose or mess up the original items.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.