Why can't fitmesh sweaters fit more naturally?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sweater_001.thumb.png.65128b8b4437e4d3f63c3a79d9a046fe.png

This is a photo of a typical well-fitting fitmesh sweater. My understanding of fitmesh is, to put it mildly, limited. However, it seems that the challenge would be to make it conform closely to the body shape without the body coming through. I would think that it would be easy to make it stand away from the body surface in areas where that is needed for the best look. Instead, fitmesh sweaters seem to invariably conform closely to the shape of the undersides of breasts. Why aren't creators making them drape in a more natural way?

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
Correct typo

good question!  And actually it could be that they want to emphasise the size of the bust?  You know make it like sort of like socks to fit over the breasts rather than drape over them.  The good news is that not all mesh makers do it that way lol..  So I just avoid the ones that do.  Their loss whether it is a finished product or a template made for designers.

4 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I would think that it would be easy to make it stand away from the body surface in areas where that is needed for the beast look.

It isn't.

The "weights" of a mesh respond to the shape of the body under it and will behave strangely if the body under it isn't the shape the rigger expects. For instance, a sweater that is rigged to fit loosely around a slender shape will have that looseness multiplied around a larger shape and will look enormous, which is the opposite of how real-life clothing works.

The sweater you're showing was designed to fit tightly around breasts that sit high (lower "gravity" slider setting) and when worn over breasts with a high gravity setting it's going to look like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some creators do an EXCELLENT job.  I have a fair amount of very realistically fitting garments in my wardrobe.

This is why the forum mantras are "DEMO DEMO DEMO" and "NO DEMO NO BUY".  Just keep shopping. 

And as was said above, it is NOT easy in the least :D.   So kudos to those that make us look so good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it can't fall completely naturally as we are somewhat bound to the weights of the body. The weights can be partially adjusted but it will be always a little compromise. If we make it fall very lose for bigger sizes, it will easily clip when you lower the breast size below 50. So to make it fit a wide range of boob size, you need something in the "middle". It doesn't have to be super tight as you showed in your example though. This is a compromize I was happy with for my sweaters https://gyazo.com/50a8960f9ca7c99afc714357f35ce0e4

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.