I need advice on in-world advertising. Do you read Second Life Magazines? Which magazines are the most popular?

davidventer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've recently started a new electronic music project and I'm looking into advertising the group in some in-world magazines. Now I'm trying to figure out if in-world magazine readership is still even a thing, and which magazines are most popular. So, I need your help.

Do you read any in-world magazines? Which one(s)? Would you recommend advertising in any? Any other recommendations for advertising a group in-world besides magazine ads? What are your thoughts on display board advertising in popular locations? 

Edited by davidventer

2 answers to this question

The last time I saw an in-world magazine was probably 2009.  I know that there are some still around, but I wouldn't have any idea where to find one.  I know that makes me sound terribly clueless and unhelpful. I suspect I'm not alone, though. I don't see much mention of magazines here in the forums, and they don't come up in conversation at all.  That may mean that I am even more clueless than I thought, but I think it tells you that magazines aren't your best bet for advertising. 

You have already discovered that you can place an ad in the signature line of your forum profile.  Next to word of mouth -- which is always first -- that's probably your best advertising vehicle, assuming that you post fairly often and that you maintain a friendly, knowledgeable image. The forum audience in SL is only a small slice of the total but they are a chatty bunch and they get around in SL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.