The "notes" section in your profile.

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use it to help me remember things about whoever's profile I write it on. If I meet a jerk, I copy the chat text into the notepad.  Nobody else can see my notes so I'm not violating terms of service.  And it's there if I see the person again and I know to steer clear of them.

On my friend's profiles, I write things to remember about them like birthdays, dj's music streams, things they said that I particularly liked etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nobody else can see your notes. I sometimes make notes to remember how I met this person or who they are to me. Sometimes I copy part of our last conversation to help me remember what we were talking about. I don't do this often, but it has been useful to differentiate SL "one night stands" vs. someone I helped in a group vs. a neighbor to my land vs. some random person who now wants to send me DJ requests to come to a club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:02 AM, Echelon Alcott said:

Only the person who wrote it can see what is in the note, and employees at LL who have access to it, and whoever LL gives access to that data as well. The positive side of recording such information off-line is that it removes the ability for LL to access it.

LL already has a multitude of data points on us, such as what we like, our interests, what type of people/demographics we associate with, what we buy, our spending patterns, location, etc. Enriching it with additional data from Notes - e.g., birthdate, profession, phone number, etc. - can make it even more useful/valuable.

Since I've learned how social networks leverage our data, I've lost faith on corporations ethically managing our data. I'm aware that before social networks, Google was already mining our data and selling it. And before Google, credit card companies were doing the same. It just seems like now with the growth of the data economy, things are getting exponentially worse.

once you enter digital world there are no such thing called pprivacy.

you can be tracked

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.