Save my shoes!

AilineJoanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Seeing as this post is six months old, i would hope they figured it out by now...

Thread was about shoes not working, it was the only one I could find.

Anyway, thanks all for letting me know of this fad. I'll be more careful when buying shoes now. The ones I bought are so cute; such a bummer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:
On 12/17/2021 at 7:10 AM, AilineJoanne said:

"Too many erroneous (5XX) HTTP responses too fast."

Shoes have no business contacting an external server whatsoever. Completely ridiculous.

In "The Wizard of Oz", Dorothy's Ruby Red Slippers got her home.  How could they do that without contacting a server?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
2 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Shoes have no business contacting an external server whatsoever. Completely ridiculous.

In "The Wizard of Oz", Dorothy's Ruby Red Slippers got her home.  How could they do that without contacting a server?

Yes,  teleportation shoes may be an exception.

image.jpeg.9fc92d140c16dad1e2643f2362629053.jpeg

But to be honest, I looked on Marketplace and there's no such thing (yet).

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Can't you delete the scripts even in no mod items ?  Oh, and only need to go to page 2 of this general discussion thread and its back in 2020

No, you can't. You can't even drop a scrubber script to remove scripts in a no mod object.

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

No, you can't. You can't even drop a scrubber script to remove scripts in a no mod object.

Best thing to do is to just chip in and by a new pair. When I went Mesh I got my Laura avi and starter clothes from the in world Maitreya store. Not that I'm recommending one over another but I learned about Mesh from watching a video and that is what they recommended. So far so good.

53 minutes ago, Madison10292018 said:

Best thing to do is to just chip in and by a new pair. When I went Mesh I got my Laura avi and starter clothes from the in world Maitreya store. Not that I'm recommending one over another but I learned about Mesh from watching a video and that is what they recommended. So far so good.

I believe you quoted the wrong person. I'm not the one wanting to save the shoes. I bought new shoes years ago.

6 hours ago, Madison10292018 said:

The shoes actually are mesh. The shoes in question come from the period after the introduction of mesh, but before the idea of mesh body parts had taken off.  Mesh bodies were years in the future at that point.

So basically they are a shoe and foot combined. While that might appear to be a downside, it can be a positive ... because the shoe doesn't have to comply with a common foot (i.e. Slink, Maitreya, etc) it can look different to all the other stuff out there.

While they are no mod, they come with the most extensive HUD I've ever seen for a shoe ... the range of textures, materials, and options is really impressive and encompasses not only the shoe but the foot.

And they have great sentimental value.

I have plenty of other shoes, but these will always be my favorite.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.